Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U Sciences in Philly to be absorbed by St. Joe's in 2022

https://www.phillyvoice.com/st-josep...elphia-merger/

Considering what's being planned for 6 PSAC schools, this seems worse.

It's not unheard of for one school to operate multiple athletic programs at different campuses, especially after a merger - though I don't recall there ever being a case of this where both campuses are in the same city. Makes me wonder what the plan is for sports.

Hopefully the students can maneuver this mostly unaffected. I always feel for them the most when this type of stuff happens.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
      It's not unheard of for one school to operate multiple athletic programs at different campuses, especially after a merger - though I don't recall there ever being a case of this where both campuses are in the same city. Makes me wonder what the plan is for sports.

Hopefully the students can maneuver this mostly unaffected. I always feel for them the most when this type of stuff happens.
      This feels more like a positive joining of successful but smaller institutions in a crowded (PENN, TEMPLE, VILLANOVA, LASALLE, DREXEL) marketplace. My guess is the DEVILS athletics will become all HAWKS within 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

This feels more like a positive joining of successful but smaller institutions in a crowded (PENN, TEMPLE, VILLANOVA, LASALLE, DREXEL) marketplace. My guess is the DEVILS athletics will become all HAWKS within 2-3 years.
        Yeah, that seems likely. Looks like they want each campus to maintain it's unique identity but having two athletic departments in that close of proximity seems a bit much.

I don't know much about either school, but they seem like decent institutions. Makes sense to merge them. I actually like schools in the city with multiple campuses. University of Nebraska-Omaha is that way.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I don't see the USciences athletics program remaining in existence after the merger, to be honest. From the sounds of it, it would appear that USciences will retain the "Philadelphia College of Pharmacy" name, but I would expect that most if not all extra curricular activities would be merged into St Joe's.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

There's an article from earlier this year in the Inquirer, and in that article one coach basically said their athletics are "done".

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X