Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USFL 2022

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/usfl-reveals-its-eight-franchises-for-2022-reboot-ranking-nicknames-from-best-to-worst/

NORTHERN DIVISION
    Michigan Panthers
    New Jersey Generals
    Philadelphia Stars
    Pittsburgh Maulers

SOUTHERN DIVISION
    Birmingham Stallions
    Houston Gamblers
    New Orleans Breakers
    Tampa Bay Bandits

I don't think the new USFL will last and I don't think the XFL (planning to return in 2023) will last either. I hope they do because they provide jobs, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by crixus; 11-22-2021, 05:56 PM.

Good to see them bringing back some ofthe old team names at least. That said, without getting star players like the first one did they will hurt. They put some big name players like Steve Young, Reggie White, and Jim Kelly into the NFL Hall of Fame.

Comment

The Birmingham Stallions need to have a logo more similar to their predecessor's 1983-1985 logo. All of the other teams have logos that are reasonably similar to the 1980s USFL logos or are variations of those logos.

Comment

XFL 2.0 probably had a better chance of success compared to other "spring leagues" but the pandemic kinda killed that league more than anything else.

If nothing else, given the proposed "bubble" scheme that the USFL is adopting for the 2022 season (the rumors I had been hearing was that the league would play all their games this season in Birmingham), it at least gives FOX some programming during the offseason and the single site plan gives it a chance to get a second season out of it.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I think they keep missing on the team placement. Omaha man, c'mon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X