Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Deion Sanders gets #2 HS player to Jackson State

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...al-signing-day

Deion got 5-star cornerback and nation's #2 recruit Travis Hunter to flip from Florida State to Jackson State.

Start of a trend of or a one-off?

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
    https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...al-signing-day

Deion got 5-star cornerback and nation's #2 recruit Travis Hunter to flip from Florida State to Jackson State.

Start of a trend of or a one-off?
    I think it's pretty much confirmed that Barstool handed out a $1.5M NIL deal that may or may not have impacted the decision, fwiw.

Still, I think it's pretty neat and I wish him the best. Sanders really is quite the coach...

Comment

I read that Arkansas interviewed him twice before he went to Jackson State. Let's see what FSU might offer him if they don't start winning soon.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        I read that Arkansas interviewed him twice before he went to Jackson State. Let's see what FSU might offer him if they don't start winning soon.
        TCU showed interest, and Sanders said something to the effect of "TCU wasn't the only one."

Be interesting if he moved on, but would kinda squash his larger goals the second he steps away...

Comment

If you are a talented db, Sanders is probably the best coach you could hope to get . I doubt this is a one off, he is a good coach and an even better salesman.

Comment

As an FSU fan.... this SUCKS!

Why do your Alma Mater like that Prime! Go pick off UF and Miami!

Damn.

Sanders might be in line for the FSU HC job if Norvel can't get it done.
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Damn.

As a UM fan I love it, hope he doesn't come after any of ours!

Comment

I think in between. Not a one off, but not a trend either. But if there are more than one or two and the schools in the SWAC and MEAC are able to recruit some higher level talent it will be great for those historic programs. Because neither of those leagues are exactly premier FCS leagues by any means right now.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Damn.

Comment

Let me begin with saying Im not pooping on the kid who chose JSU. He will learn from not just Deion, but several other coaches with NFL experience. And personally I think its great for JSU and the SWAC. If he is as great as advertised he will get found by scouts.

But let's not go crazy and act like JSU is a juggernaut or anything. Or that the SWAC and MEAC are the ACC and Big Ten. Folks on social media are dreaming there in all honesty. Not only are they not a top 50 FCS team per Massey,, or top 40 per Sagarin, but They went 11-1 against a schedule where the three toughest opponents were:

ULM (4-8 and probably a bottom 15 FBS school this year), Florida A&M (meh, got dump trucked in playoff against mediocre SE LA team) and honestly Delta State (5th best team in the GSC). The rest of the SWAC is poopoo right now

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                        Let me begin with saying Im not pooping on the kid who chose JSU. He will learn from not just Deion, but several other coaches with NFL experience. And personally I think its great for JSU and the SWAC. If he is as great as advertised he will get found by scouts.

But let's not go crazy and act like JSU is a juggernaut or anything. Or that the SWAC and MEAC are the ACC and Big Ten. Folks on social media are dreaming there in all honesty. Not only are they not a top 50 FCS team per Massey,, or top 40 per Sagarin, but They went 11-1 against a schedule where the three toughest opponents were:

ULM (4-8 and probably a bottom 15 FBS school this year), Florida A&M (meh, got dump trucked in playoff against mediocre SE LA team) and honestly Delta State (5th best team in the GSC). The rest of the SWAC is poopoo right now

Comment

simple reasoning. On the field probably to work with one of the best to ever do it and off the field to be promoted by Prime Time.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

simple reasoning. On the field probably to work with one of the best to ever do it and off the field to be promoted by Prime Time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X