Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A D2 football game on its own would definitely NOT work because there wouldn't be enough demand for it.

The way to get D2 teams into a college football game is to include them in a game that features DI-A/FBS teams (and presumably DI-AA/FCS teams). The questions are 1) whether a video game publisher would want to include all those extra teams and 2) how much effort the developer would put in to make those teams accurate in terms of skill level relative to the higher classification teams.

Comment

No and almost zero.

There just aren't enough DII fans, and in particular, DII fans who are gamers, to drive a profit increase for the game manufacturer.

Comment

I think the only chance is if D2 gets added to the actual game coming out. No way they make a separate one. It would be pretty cool if they added all the teams tho. But it would be kind of hard because are all the D2 players going to be 50 overalls?

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
          No and almost zero.

There just aren't enough DII fans, and in particular, DII fans who are gamers, to drive a profit increase for the game manufacturer.

That's true. Most D2 fans seem to be 35 and up. The students at most D2 schools aren't even fans.

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post
            I think the only chance is if D2 gets added to the actual game coming out. No way they make a separate one. It would be pretty cool if they added all the teams tho. But it would be kind of hard because are all the D2 players going to be 50 overalls?
            If there was a D2 inclusion, that would likely be how it's done. Just logos and jerseys, and maybe a generic stadium. I could also see them matching the top 25 teams to FBS to give it some parity, but that would be awkward playing as Ferris State and beating up on Nebraska or Iowa, since they'd have Alabama abilities.

Technically speaking, they could do it - as FIFA has all kinds of lower division teams with full stats, some probably get as much support as D2 teams do. That being said, FIFA is created for a European audience and they tend to be a bit more supportive of lower divisions than we do with our sports.

Comment

I would gladly pay extra for a D2 expansion pack for the upcoming NCAA Football game. At the very least, if the create-a-team feature returned, hopefully some dedicated folks could make some teams up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X