Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wide World of Stadiums" D2 Football Series Thread

A little background; there's an Australian YouTuber who runs a channel called "The Wide World of Stadiums" which features stadiums and arenas of a wide variety of sports from across the globe.

After covering the FBS and FCS football stadiums, he's now shifting his college football focus to the D2 level. It started a few weeks ago with the GSC, then moved to the NSIC and today, it's the MIAA's turn to be featured.

In addition to posting each league's video in their respective sub-forums, I'm starting an overall thread covering all of the conferences to keep in one convenient location (since not everybody pops in to every single conference sub-forum).

GSC (June 25): https://youtu.be/kh7f4AVWePg
    NSIC (July 9): https://youtu.be/al7147-Yp6E
    MIAA (July 22): https://youtu.be/T9cUkP4DzWI
    CIAA (Sept. 30): https://youtu.be/VpgL53MOLG8
    GLIAC (Oct. 5): https://youtu.be/_tsfJboEiOQ
    Last edited by ctrabs74; 10-07-2023, 07:13 PM. Reason: Added GLIAC video link
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

I've been subscribed to that channel for a while. Fun content. Noticed he may not be able to get the most up to date photos of D2 stadiums though.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
      I've been subscribed to that channel for a while. Fun content. Noticed he may not be able to get the most up to date photos of D2 stadiums though.
      I noticed he mainly uses Google Earth (I am assuming "fair use") and a lot of creative commons pictures. Some seem to be sent by athletic departments themselves.
      Go Bronchos!

Comment

I expected more from MIAA stadiums, most have big tracks around them. Pitt St and MO. W. are nice. NSIC has built or significantly remodeled stadiums in last dozen years.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          I expected more from MIAA stadiums, most have big tracks around them. Pitt St and MO. W. are nice. NSIC has built or significantly remodeled stadiums in last dozen years.
          I understand why, but I hate when stadiums have tracks around the fields.

Comment

I'd like these videos better if the guy wasn't trying to be a stand-up comedian. He's not that funny. I like everything else but the narrations are not that good.

Comment

On the NSIC video, he showed a straight up overhead of SMSU's "other" stadium (aka the "old" stadium) and then started talking about the new one. Kinda funny.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

On the NSIC video, he showed a straight up overhead of SMSU's "other" stadium (aka the "old" stadium) and then started talking about the new one. Kinda funny.
                The wannabe comedian did a poor job presenting the amenites of SMSU stadium. Starting off with old stadium was criminal..

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

The wannabe comedian did a poor job presenting the amenites of SMSU stadium. Starting off with old stadium was criminal..
                  It's great when people make these types of videos, but the bare minimum effort on research is also much appreciated. Really no excuse to show two very much different facilities.

Still not as bad as the guy who ragged on Northern super hard because of their name and the fact that he couldn't spend enough time on Google to see Dacotah Bank Stadium - but still.

Comment

The latest D2 stadiums video dropped today, this time, featuring the Lone Star Conference:

https://youtu.be/06clAVLdR80?si=SAMukRHzBZHfj3aU

Comment

They released the CIAA video today. As suspected, Bowie State did not feature up to date photos/info. New turf has been installed and seating has been expanded in the last 2 seasons. To my surprise though the narrator actually pronounced Bowie correctly.

Comment

They released the CIAA video today. As suspected, Bowie State did not feature up to date photos/info. New turf has been installed and seating has been expanded in the last 2 seasons. To my surprise though the narrator actually pronounced Bowie correctly.
                        Just caught that... I've added the link to the original post.

Comment

The best overall stadium for amenities and pizzas in my biased opinion is Lenoir Rhyne University. The location for tailgating and the Bears Club Pavilion makes it a great atmosphere. Parking is also very convenient. They also have a team flag of every team in the conference lining down the walkway above the end zone seats. Two video boards with one being around forty by sixty feet

Comment

GLIAC video dropped today.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X