• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillsdale-Mercyhurst Thread

Noon

live stats http://www.sidearmstats.com/hurst/football/

Webcast https://portal.stretchinternet.com/mercyhurst/
    Last edited by chargerblue; 09-02-2017, 09:14 AM.

12-3 Chargers at the half. Hillsdale look pretty rusty to start the game but is starting to put it together as the first half ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This one ends 19-11 with Hillsdale getting the win. A lot of rust to shake off. Defense made some big plays to secure the victory.

Comment

Ninth straight 100 yard receiving game for Trey Brock.

Comment

Re: Hillsdale-Mercyhurst Thread

Hillsdale Release - http://www.hillsdalechargers.com/spo...20170902rsiseo

Things that really stuck out for me - Big plays from Hillsdale defense when they needed it most. 3 sacks and none was bigger than the one on Mercyhurst's last drive in the red zone. 3rd and goal from the 7 became 4th and goal from the 12, setting up the Chargers' interception on the next play to seal it.

Hillsdale held Mercyhurst to 2/12 on third down. Do that and you win most games.

Charger offense seemed rusty at times when it came to dropping balls, missing receivers, or settling into a rhythm. With that said, 3 rookie tailbacks combined for 165 yards.

They will need a crisper game to beat Michigan Tech but everyone knows you get the most improvement between Week 1 and Week 2. Starting the year with a road win is always great.

Comment

I watched the Mercyhurst webcast. Not impressed. One camera, far away. No close ups, no replays, and I could not hear the announcers. I don't know if there were announcers. I've watched several D2 teams play on-line, and this was, unfortunately, the worst I've ever encountered. Hope their webcast improves. Their football team has improved.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
              I watched the Mercyhurst webcast. Not impressed. One camera, far away. No close ups, no replays, and I could not hear the announcers. I don't know if there were announcers. I've watched several D2 teams play on-line, and this was, unfortunately, the worst I've ever encountered. Hope their webcast improves. Their football team has improved.
              I lasted about 1 series and went searching for the Mercyhurst radio call which was not too bad. I had recently watched MU's 2016 finale and it had decent announcers and good camera angles. They just must not have their stuff together yet for 2017. It frustrates me to no end that HC doesn't stream the Chargers' radio call by Andy Brown.

First road win to open a season since the 2009 campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerblue View Post
                I lasted about 1 series and went searching for the Mercyhurst radio call which was not too bad. I had recently watched MU's 2016 finale and it had decent announcers and good camera angles. They just must not have their stuff together yet for 2017. It frustrates me to no end that HC doesn't stream the Chargers' radio call by Andy Brown.
                Sorry about no live streaming for WCSR. You'll just have to watch the live stream with Jim and Dan doing the announcing. Best, and most experienced game announcers at the D2 level! IMHO!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X