Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week #2 Guru Picks

After going 7-2 last week...Guru is taking another shot at it.

Hillsdale 23 - Michigan Tech 20
    A classic former GLIAC game with two well coached and well disciplined teams...I doubt there will be a total of 8 flags called in this game. Last year the Chargers pulled away in the 2nd half to win 51-24, that is a rarity in this former rivalry to have such a large spread. I expect a much closer game this weekend with the home team coming out on top.

Livingstone 30 - Kentucky Wesleyan 22
    I know very little about about KWC and even less about Livingstone. I know Livingstone has about an 8-hour bus ride to KWC which could make a difference. Both teams are looking at this as a game they should win...until KWC shows anything, it's hard to pick them to win, even against a team that isn't very good in Livingstone

Alderson Broaddus 26 - Quincy 17
    AB played well for a time against SVSU last week while Quincy was thumped at Midwestern State. AB could win this game by multiple TDs if they get it rolling early.

Saginaw Valley 24 - Walsh 13
    SVSU put up 42 on AB last week but Walsh does have a better defense. Sadly for the Warriors, they don't have the offense that AB has so look for the Cards to win by double-digits

Ashland 28 - Ohio Dominican 27
    The game of the week in both the GLIAC & G-MAC and possibly throughout all of D2 this weekend. These two teams have quickly built up a nice backyard rivalry in a short amount of time and each lost heart breakers to PSAC teams last week. It's a must win for both who each have post season aspirations so expect a slug fest. Give the nod to the home team but don't be surprised if ODU wins

Ferris State 30 - Findlay 23
    This is Ferris' 1st game of the year while Findlay came from behind to beat Tiffin last week behind a very strong rushing game. Ferris is a top-5 team and has the talent to get the D2 national title game. UF is solid too but not quite to the Bulldogs level. Last year FSU won 20-17, this year the game could be just as close.

Tiffin 42 - Lake Erie 14
    Tiffin is the superior team here as LEC continues to be plagued with penalties & multiple turnovers each and every week.

Bonus Pick:
    Wayne St 21 - UIndy 17
    Two very physical and well coached teams play in a game that few are probably talking about in D2 but still should be a treat to watch for any college football fan. The game will be played in Detroit under the lights with a big crowd. UIndy fresh off of their upset of Grand Valley St is probably the easy pick here, I still like Coach Winters at home under the lights in a game that could easily go into multiple OTs.

What a comeback by Hillsdale! 21 unanswered in the fourth quarter. 31-27 final.

http://www.hillsdalechargers.com/spo...70909_jk9a.xml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Week #2 Guru Picks

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
      After going 7-2 last week...Guru is taking another shot at it.

Hillsdale 23 - Michigan Tech 20
      A classic former GLIAC game with two well coached and well disciplined teams...I doubt there will be a total of 8 flags called in this game. Last year the Chargers pulled away in the 2nd half to win 51-24, that is a rarity in this former rivalry to have such a large spread. I expect a much closer game this weekend with the home team coming out on top.

Livingstone 30 - Kentucky Wesleyan 22
      I know very little about about KWC and even less about Livingstone. I know Livingstone has about an 8-hour bus ride to KWC which could make a difference. Both teams are looking at this as a game they should win...until KWC shows anything, it's hard to pick them to win, even against a team that isn't very good in Livingstone

Alderson Broaddus 26 - Quincy 17
      AB played well for a time against SVSU last week while Quincy was thumped at Midwestern State. AB could win this game by multiple TDs if they get it rolling early.

Saginaw Valley 24 - Walsh 13
      SVSU put up 42 on AB last week but Walsh does have a better defense. Sadly for the Warriors, they don't have the offense that AB has so look for the Cards to win by double-digits

Ashland 28 - Ohio Dominican 27
      The game of the week in both the GLIAC & G-MAC and possibly throughout all of D2 this weekend. These two teams have quickly built up a nice backyard rivalry in a short amount of time and each lost heart breakers to PSAC teams last week. It's a must win for both who each have post season aspirations so expect a slug fest. Give the nod to the home team but don't be surprised if ODU wins

Ferris State 30 - Findlay 23
      This is Ferris' 1st game of the year while Findlay came from behind to beat Tiffin last week behind a very strong rushing game. Ferris is a top-5 team and has the talent to get the D2 national title game. UF is solid too but not quite to the Bulldogs level. Last year FSU won 20-17, this year the game could be just as close.

Tiffin 42 - Lake Erie 14
      Tiffin is the superior team here as LEC continues to be plagued with penalties & multiple turnovers each and every week.

Bonus Pick:
      Wayne St 21 - UIndy 17
      Two very physical and well coached teams play in a game that few are probably talking about in D2 but still should be a treat to watch for any college football fan. The game will be played in Detroit under the lights with a big crowd. UIndy fresh off of their upset of Grand Valley St is probably the easy pick here, I still like Coach Winters at home under the lights in a game that could easily go into multiple OTs.
      Great breakdown of the UIndy/Wayne game. You had everything right except the winner, and it sounded like you thought it could have gone either way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X