• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABU v Quincy

22-7 at the end of the 1st. QU on top.

ABU defense is Swiss cheese.

Re: ABU v Quincy

I knew we would be down this year but, based on what I'm seeing today, we may not win a game.

Comment

I don't think you'll be winless...you play us in three weeks.

Comment

You haven't seen us play yet!

Comment

I thought AB performed very well on Saturday. I know it was a loss, but we had a lot of underclassmen out there including a true freshman QB who chucked the ball for 344 yards. The top 3 receivers in that game should be back as well. That fumble we had on the Hillsdale 1 yard line and 99 yard return for a TD off that changed momentum and gave Hillsdale a break they needed. I am not sure we lose that game if that doesn't happen. We likely would have been up 31-14 at the half if not 31-7 as they scored a TD with less than a minute to go in the half.

I thought the players fought better in the 4th quarter....something that was a problem earlier in the year. I don't follow football that much, but I was impressed with some things on Saturday. I think they know in the off season where they need to get better. They caught us on one TD in the 3rd quarter where our DE got upfield in pursuit of the QB. He then made a costly mistake of trying to go under his blocker to get back after the QB. He lost containment and we had a secondary breakdown for a TD there. I think our eye discipline in the secondary is a glaring weakness. But these are correctable things. It was a good game.

Comment

JDonAB92 - Kudos to AB. Prior to the game, on paper, it appeared that Hillsdale would beat the Battlers like a drum. After all, AB lost to Walsh and Hillsdale beat Walsh 38-zip. One would think it was a no brainer, but what an exciting game it turned out to be, especially in the 4th quarter. I think that next season AB will be among the conference leaders. Prior to the season, I thought the Chargers might possibly challenge for a GMAC title. Four losses later I realize that Findlay and ODU were the better teams. Hillsdale also lost to Makendree and Indy. Those games were winnable, but it didn't happen.I believe that Hillsdale will win out vs Malone and LEC, but nothing can be taken for granted. Good luck AB vs Findlay. Better stap 'em on tight because the Oilers have a potent offense and a decent defense.

Comment

We are running into a buzzsaw tomorrow. Findlay has a lot on the line and won't look past us. It will be hard to stay with them. We have not been too good on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                We are running into a buzzsaw tomorrow. Findlay has a lot on the line and won't look past us. It will be hard to stay with them. We have not been too good on the road.
                Upsets happen every week. Findlay has to focus on AB and not look past them. I played for Keys his first time around at Findlay, so I am confident that he will have the team ready, but you just never know with a team that is not used to being in this position.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X