Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Findlay vs Tuskegee

When I saw we were playing in this game, I was surprise. We normally don't play teams this far outside of the region, but I am glad we were able to schedule the game because we needed a 10th game.

So whats the word on Findlay? Haven't been able to find any highlights on them so far this season.
    Hopefully the long trip won't bother the team too much since we now play Central State up there every other year.

I know Tuskegee offense has struggled at times so far this year due to youth and inexperience and our defense is the reason why we won both are games this year.

Hoping for a good game, with a Tuskegee Win! :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Also Does Findlay stream their games?

Re: Findlay vs Tuskegee

Findlay is a good team with a solid QB who transferred in from Western Illinois a few years ago and a solid running game. Their only loss is to the #2 team in D2, Ferris State, and that's nothing to be ashamed of...Findlay's O-line is big and physical. Overall, Findlay is one of the top teams in the new G-MAC while they were a middle of the pack team in the meat-grinder GLIAC.

Defensively UF is Ok but nothing special. The stadium they play in is a high school stadium, very old, and not very nice. They've tried to build an on campus stadium over the past few years but the $$$ just hasn't been there yet.

Overall I think this will be a very close game. UF is nothing like Central State...at all...in terms of talent and discipline...the Oilers are far superior to Central State

Expect a very competitive game and I think you'll be surprised at UF's talent (and crappy stadium for a solid football program). Overall I see the Oilers winning 37-28 with this being a very good game right up until the end.

To my knowledge their games are streamed on their site, at least, many of them have been before.

Good luck, safe travels, and thanks for reaching out.

Comment

http://athletics.findlay.edu/sports/...17-18/schedule

UF schedule page go down to Tuskegee game and click on video...don't know how good the stream is, never tried it before.

Comment

Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
        Findlay is a good team with a solid QB who transferred in from Western Illinois a few years ago and a solid running game. Their only loss is to the #2 team in D2, Ferris State, and that's nothing to be ashamed of...Findlay's O-line is big and physical. Overall, Findlay is one of the top teams in the new G-MAC while they were a middle of the pack team in the meat-grinder GLIAC.

Defensively UF is Ok but nothing special. The stadium they play in is a high school stadium, very old, and not very nice. They've tried to build an on campus stadium over the past few years but the $$$ just hasn't been there yet.

Overall I think this will be a very close game. UF is nothing like Central State...at all...in terms of talent and discipline...the Oilers are far superior to Central State

Expect a very competitive game and I think you'll be surprised at UF's talent (and crappy stadium for a solid football program). Overall I see the Oilers winning 37-28 with this being a very good game right up until the end.

To my knowledge their games are streamed on their site, at least, many of them have been before.

Good luck, safe travels, and thanks for reaching out.
        Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to playing new schools, it a good way to see how we measure up outside of the conference.

Comment

GLIAC Fan described the team well. The offense is definitely the strength of the team. Defensively, it seems like the passing defense is not too bad, at least statistically. I did get to watch some of the Ferris game via online stream, and the Oilers defensively just couldn't stop Ferris' QB. However, most defenses will find themselves saying the same thing when it comes to their QB. As far as the quality of the stream, the quality seemed pretty good. I did not have much issue with the stream cutting out or anything. However, I really hope that they address/have addressed the camera angles. The angle between plays was from the top of the press box, which was pretty good, but for the actual play, they switched to a sideline camera; which pretty much made it impossible to tell what was going on. They really need to look in to just using the press box camera during the actual plays.

Comment

Just wanted to share the Game Preview from the local paper that covers Tuskegee.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...lay/679909001/
            Last edited by SkegeeGrad151; 09-22-2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post
              Just wanted to share the Game Preview from the local paper that covers Tuskegee.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...lay/679909001/
              Thanks for that, here's a little something from the Findlay Courier.

http://thecourier.com/local-sports/2...things-happen/

Comment

Also found this from G-MAC website.

http://greatmidwestsports.com/news/2...4-preview.aspx

Comment

Did TU not know what time the game started? Man that was just pure dominance by Findlay.

Comment

This loss was embarrassing. This is not a playoff caliber team as of years past. Offense really has issues and a good defense doesn't give up that many points. Findlay was prepared, Tuskegee was not. I have a feeling this will not be our last lost. Dominant win by Findlay.
                    Does anybody know if this a home and homes series?

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post
                      This loss was embarrassing. This is not a playoff caliber team as of years past. Offense really has issues and a good defense doesn't give up that many points. Findlay was prepared, Tuskegee was not. I have a feeling this will not be our last lost. Dominant win by Findlay.
                      Does anybody know if this a home and homes series?
                      I actually picked Tuskegee to win so I was completely shocked by this game. I have a friend who lives in Opelika so I'm hoping that the Oilers travel to Tuskegee next year and I will make the trip. I'm sure it would be a much better game next year. Best of luck to the Golden Tigers the rest of the season.

Comment

This was very shocking. Not that Findlay won, just such a blowout (and shut out)!
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I was able to listen to the majority of the game online. I was impressed with the total team performance by Findlay. Hopefully Gervais' injury is nothing serious. That could be a big factor in the coming weeks, as conference play looms. Good luck to Tuskegee the remainder of the season.

Comment

Do you know what kind of injury?

Comment

It was his knee from the sound of it. Was hit low as he was going down from how it was described on the broadcast. He left the game, and didn't return (near the end of the half though, so his day was almost done anyways). The broadcasters were saying that he was trying to bend it and put pressure on it, and that he was out there with ice around his knee. Keys' comments after the game was just that he would get evaluated over the next couple of days.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X