Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the 2017 GMAC Season

Well sports fans, the GMAC season went pretty much how most thought the GMAC season would go. ODU, Findlay, and Hillsdale were head and shoulders above the other 5 schools.

A disappointment for me was how much better ODU and Findlay proved to be than the Chargers.

I crunched some numbers and Hillsdale, Findlay and ODU were a combined 15-0 against the other 5 schools. Here are the individual matchups.

Hillsdale: PF 230 PA 38 (31 of those by AB), Offensive yards: 524.2 ypg Defensive yards: 220 ypg. (AB put up 521). If you take out AB and just focus on Walsh, Malone, KW, and LEC then the Chargers numbers go to 193-7 (PF-PA) and 544 ypg of offense vs. 145 ypg of defense
    Average score: 46 to 7.6

ODU: PF 226 PA 44, Offensive yards: 539.8 ypg Defensive yards: 319.2 ypg.
    Average score: 45.2 to 8.8

UF: PF 297 PA 48 (31 of those by AB), Offensive yards: 553.2 ypg Defensive yards: 220 ypg.
    Average score: 59.4 to 9.6

The three schools averaged a score of 50.2 to 8.6 with 538.66 yards of offense to 253 ypg of defense.

Talk about top heavy. I am excited that Ashland and Tiffin are on their ways over to add some balance.

Comment

Re: Thoughts on the 2017 GMAC Season

ABjo - Have enjoyed your post and look forward to many games between the Chargers and Battlers. However, you kinda throw stones at Chargerblue. You must not really know CB. He is a total legend on the GLIAC board, one of the good guys associated with D2, has his own web page (Chargerblue.com) that tells you anything and everything you might want to know about the Chargers, and he is a former player, current teacher and if you met him you would find that he really is a good guy. It's true that AB played a decent game vs Hillsdale. Hillsdale did not play a great game and you guys nearly sent them home with a "L." However, good teams find a way to win close games, especially on the road and that is what the Chargers did. I know that AB with an 8-3 record was last seasons GMAC champions, but you had to know that ODU, Findlay and Hillsdale were going to be a cut above most of your former competition. KWC has serious problems in football and might drop to D3 where they might still not win. In Basketball, well we all know that KWWC is a giant killer. Malone, Walsh, and Lake Erie are a long way from being competitive on the football field with AB, Hillsdale, ODU and Findlay, and they won't fair much better next season with Tiffin. Unfortunately, that's the way it is. I will say that AB is certainly capable of moving up in the football standings, but not if you lose again to Lake Erie. I don't think Hillsdale will have a 5-6 record next season and AB will play next year at Hillsdale. It might be a much more difficult game, especially when you have to make the trip to Michigan from West Virginia. Anyway, take it easy, enjoy your team's participation in a much stronger conference. Hope to meet you one day, and I'm sure Chargerblue would as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DaleDude View Post
        ABjo - Have enjoyed your post and look forward to many games between the Chargers and Battlers. However, you kinda throw stones at Chargerblue. You must not really know CB. He is a total legend on the GLIAC board, one of the good guys associated with D2, has his own web page (Chargerblue.com) that tells you anything and everything you might want to know about the Chargers, and he is a former player, current teacher and if you met him you would find that he really is a good guy. It's true that AB played a decent game vs Hillsdale. Hillsdale did not play a great game and you guys nearly sent them home with a "L." However, good teams find a way to win close games, especially on the road and that is what the Chargers did. I know that AB with an 8-3 record was last seasons GMAC champions, but you had to know that ODU, Findlay and Hillsdale were going to be a cut above most of your former competition. KWC has serious problems in football and might drop to D3 where they might still not win. In Basketball, well we all know that KWWC is a giant killer. Malone, Walsh, and Lake Erie are a long way from being competitive on the football field with AB, Hillsdale, ODU and Findlay, and they won't fair much better next season with Tiffin. Unfortunately, that's the way it is. I will say that AB is certainly capable of moving up in the football standings, but not if you lose again to Lake Erie. I don't think Hillsdale will have a 5-6 record next season and AB will play next year at Hillsdale. It might be a much more difficult game, especially when you have to make the trip to Michigan from West Virginia. Anyway, take it easy, enjoy your team's participation in a much stronger conference. Hope to meet you one day, and I'm sure Chargerblue would as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ABjo View Post
          Well,
          Here's to hoping I get a Lexus this Christmas in the "December to Remember" sales event, big red bow and all.

Actually, here's to hoping you five step your collective game up. Everybody over in the GLIAC got sick of getting it handed to them by GVSU and did something about it. Believe me; right now there is nothing more that I would like to see for this league than improvement in every team...mine, yours, and the other six.

If it makes you feel better; ODU and UF are head and shoulders above Hillsdale and that is the disappointment I expressed. I implied disappointment in the imbalance of the league. Had we actually lost to you guys, that disappointment would have trumped all of the above. Good luck next year in Hillsdale. Both Chance Stewart and Trey Brock will be seniors and looking to cap their careers at their best.

I wasn't trying to be mean. I don't think there is really any debate that there is a big discrepancy between the two groups of schools.

Comment

Thanks! My mom thinks so.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X