Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 7 Game Thread and Commentary

Listed below is the link to the ABU-Hillsdale football preview. I would not be shocked if Kentucky Wesleyan wins this weekend after a week to prepare for Tiffin. KWC is very talented and seems to be improving week by week under their new head coach. I am not so sure I would look at their week one result at this point in the season.

https://gobattlers.com/news/2018/10/...hillsdale.aspx

ABU quarterback Joe Czelusniak was injured in last week's win over Lake Erie. I am not sure of the extent of the injury. That would be a big loss for ABU as he has done very well this season.

Re: Week 7 Game Thread and Commentary

AB comes into Hillsdale Saturday and they'll be ready to play. So will the Chargers. That is too bad about Czelusniak. Hope he can play, or that his back up will do well. The Chargers look really good up to now, except for that one-point missed extra point in overtime at Michigan Tech. I don't believe that Head Coach Keith Otterbein will let his team look past the Battlers. Should be a good game. The weather will be cool, mid 50s at best, with sunshine. Welcome to the hills and dales, highest elevations in southern Michigan, but nothing like the mountains in your backyard.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Oilers take a 35-24 lead midway through the 4th, after the Oilers blocked a Golden Eagles punt. On a side note, very disapointed with Charleston's streaming service; it really has not worked at all.

Comment

Oilers wrap this one up, 35-24. Another trip to WV in store next week, as Findlay will travel south to take on AB.

Comment

Czelusniak misses a wide open receiver in the first possession. That would have been a TD.

Missed FG on second possession after a nice pass play.

We need those if we are going to have any chance. Missed opportunities could lead to this one getting ugly early.

Comment

Now it is Hillsdale 14-0 in 1st Q.

Hillsdale onsides kick and the AB guy doesn't get it. This could be over soon.

Comment

21-0 now after ABU goes out there and has the absolute worst tackling on the first play.....pack the bus after that one if that is going to be the effort.

Comment

Great to see Hillsdale jump out to a big lead. In the red zone and looking for more after an interception got them the ball back at the Battlers 35.

Having webcast troubles so I am watching Tiffin and KWC. Dragons up 10 but making unforced errors. KWC just threw a big pass over the top.

Comment

28-0 Chargers on a 3 yard TD pass.

Comment

Chargers having a day on both sides of the ball. Blocked punt, INT, Fumble recovered on defense. Just forced a three and out on three incomplete passes by Czelusniak.

Offense up 35-0 with 5:31 left in the first half. Chance already has thrown 3 TD and and has 227 yards.

Comment

35-3 Chargers at the half

Comment

45-24 final from Hillsdale. Otter played 2's and 3's all second half. Nice all-around job by Hillsdale. 6-1 overall 5-0 in the league.

Comment

Another win vs a team that the Chargers believed they could defeat. Alderson-Broaddus, to their credit, never gave up. I did not see a single Battler looking like he didn't want to compete. On second thought, there was one, only one. A wide receiver, not the primary guy, looked like he wasn't into it anymore after the first quarter. Other than that, I thought the Battler's have a lot of speed, a lot of talent, and it appeared to me that the coaches did about a good of a job as possible. Going into the game, everyone in Hillsdale expressed the feeling that AB was a "dangerous team." They might still sneak up on an unsuspecting GMAC team and get a W. Charger QB, 6-foot, 6-inches and 265 pound senior Chance Stewart and All-American wide receiver senior Trey Brock hooked up for a bunch of points and sophomore kicker Joe Phillip did a yeoman's job. Nice to see the twos and threes have the opportunity for game experience. Never know when a number three on the depth chart will be called upon to get the job done. Lots of outstanding efforts by the Chargers defensive players. Too many to name here. Next up for Hillsdale, Walsh on the road. Walsh was a big winner vs LEC. No surprise there. In two weeks, undefeated will Tiffin bring their show to Hillsdale's Frank "Muddy" Waters Stadium. This will most likely be the GMAC game of the week. By the way, for you GMAC posters that are not familiar with ChargerBlue, we now have one of the most respected opinions in D2 on our threads. ChargerBlue is a long-time GLIAC poster who also hosted a popular website. So happy he is aboard. Hey, ABjdon92, don't give up on the Battlers. They showed flashes of big-time D2 play making today.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X