Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Predictions

Did anyone read Scott miles regional predictions pretty Interesting..
    Lot of football to be played... Odu would be on the outside looking in again... why can't they seem to schedule more games? The rest of the conference has... they've missed out the last few years and that is a factor.
    i thought NE 10 would get an automatic bid for co ference winner? I believe the GMAC does...

thoughts?

1. RE: the nine game schedule this year. Due to the conference schedule, ODU had a week nine bye - which is typically when every other conference is in the heart of their league schedule, and thus there aren't too many available regional opponents. When Malone dropped its program in late January, that opened up week six as well, but that is also late in the schedule (and late in the year to try to find opponents). I can say with first hand knowledge that ODU reached out to plenty of schools to try to fill one or both of those dates....but to quote John Dorsey, it takes two to tango.
    2. In D2 football, there are no automatic qualifiers. However, if a conference does not have a school in the top seven but does in the top nine, they will bump the lowest seeded team from a conference that has multiple bids. So if Assumption is the highest ranked NE-10 school and sitting at eighth or ninth in the region, and there's a fourth PSAC school ranked at seven, Assumption would jump in.

Comment

7 spots available from Undefeated SRU, KUTZ, NDC...One loss IUP, WCU TIFFIN....Two loss SHEP, CAL U, ODU, ASSUMPTION, WVSU, URBANA.
      12 Teams including next week CAL U @ SRU, KUTZ @ WCU, NDC @ FROSTBURG (7-1 not eligible), ASSUMPTION @ NEW HAVEN
      How many suffer their first loss or get eliminated ?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X