Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DII Bowl Game/HillvsTru

Any opinions? Game this Saturday in Hobart, Indiana. Chargers practicing, and, according to the coaches, they are "ready."

I like that they have another opportunity to play. Hobart is by no means a great destination but still something the majority of D2 football has no shot at.

Comment

Preview is up

https://www.d2football.com/americas-...ew-2021-12-02/

Comment

Bryon - Always enjoy your columns and I believe your assessment might be right about the Truman/Hillsdale bowl game. However, there are things to consider. For example: Hillsdale's qb for that first game was making his first ever start because the Charger's number one qb was out for the season with an injury. Also, the number one receiver, Sr. Conner Maloney was out with injuries. He returned for the final game of the season vs Ohio Dominican and caught all three touchdown passes, including a circus catch with one foot inbounds to win the game with 43 seconds left to play. Now a 6 win 5 loss team is what you said it is. But it is, as you said, a "dangerous" team. On paper, Hillsdale began the season with a possible goal of 9-2, or 8-3. Now the players, most of them, wanted an undefeated season. The coaches, if you ask them, just want to play one game at a time. And Hillsdale's coaching staff is another consideration. Head Coach Keith Otterbein is in his 20th year and two of his assistants are in their 21st year. Otterbein previously served as head coach for Ferris State where he had playoff success. Also consider that the starting qb for the bowl game is Hillsdale's third string qb, but has guided the Chargers to key victories, including Findlay and Tiffin. I've heard, but have not confirmed, that Truman will enter the game missing a couple of key contributors. All in all, I think the game could be a lot closer than 27-18, as you have predicted. I do admit to being a supporter and fan of Hillsdale's team 129 so, of course, I want Hillsdale to get the big W! Good luck to both teams, and thanks, Bryon, for providing a detailed analysis.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X