Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    I'm looking forward to seeing Frostburg's success arc. They have a LOT going for them and were a highly successful D3 football program coming in. They may take some lumps early in the transition, but I think they have a coaching staff that is top notch and will figure it out rather quickly. I am concerned with their basketball program as they haven't been very good lately.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
    Who do you guys think will be Frostburg's Rival? Seeing how salisbury is still d3 we don't have a big beef with anyone in the MEC.

Thoughts?

Just read this board enough and you'll have plenty of beefs soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

First, welcome to the board! Good to have a Frostburg voice on board.

The most likely geographic rival will be Fairmont about 80 miles away. Next would be West Liberty and Wheeling at about 130 miles.

Frostburg is the largest school in the MEC so as such, you should be able to put resources into your programs that will probably pretty quickly move you to the top of the MEC athletic heap. You also have the benefit of being a MD public school and one of only two DII programs in the state which should make you very competative in obtaining in-state athletes. MD is one of the most fertile football player producing areas in the nation and you will have the in-state tuition benefit that none of the other DII's that annually pull large numbers of players to their programs have.
    Thanks for the warm welcome! As a former player and coach at Frostburg i am excited to see how the future looks. I only wish i could be apart of this transition! So it looks like i'll have to hate the other FSU gotcha!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
    Who do you guys think will be Frostburg's Rival? Seeing how salisbury is still d3 we don't have a big beef with anyone in the MEC.

Thoughts?
    First, welcome to the board! Good to have a Frostburg voice on board.

The most likely geographic rival will be Fairmont about 80 miles away. Next would be West Liberty and Wheeling at about 130 miles.

Frostburg is the largest school in the MEC so as such, you should be able to put resources into your programs that will probably pretty quickly move you to the top of the MEC athletic heap. You also have the benefit of being a MD public school and one of only two DII programs in the state which should make you very competative in obtaining in-state athletes. MD is one of the most fertile football player producing areas in the nation and you will have the in-state tuition benefit that none of the other DII's that annually pull large numbers of players to their programs have.

Leave a comment:

• Clydes 'N Rams
    replied
    Most probable school in a few years just left the Conference :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Real_FSU_47
    started a topic Frostburg State Rival

Frostburg State Rival

Thoughts?

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X