Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEC Question

Hey MEC Fans, My Ole UNC-Pembroke Bud and I were talking yesterday, and he asked that if I didn't mind, the next time I get on this D2 site (he doesn't post) to ask the MEC folks what, in their opinion, are the best local restaurants (he prefers BBQ) and watering holes near their stadiums? He and his friends are going to try and make as many as possible Brave's road games to some of the MEC schools this coming season.

I'll reverse this question, WVSU is going to UNCP this yr, what is a good adult beverage place and restaurants in Pembroke?

Comment

Originally posted by BigJacket View Post
      I'll reverse this question, WVSU is going to UNCP this yr, what is a good adult beverage place and restaurants in Pembroke?
      The last time I met up with the UNC-Pembroke crew, we caught up in nearby Fayetteville NC, which has tons of watering holes including craft breweries, I didn't realize it but I found out that Fayetteville's population is over 4 times the size of Charleston WV. Anyway, we met up at a neat place called Walk-Ons, which is part of a chain partly owned by the New Orleans Saint's QB Drew Brees. The place has a football theme, great Cajun food, and a nice assortment of ice cold adult beverages. I would highly recommend it.

Now, the last time I tailgated with this crew down at UNCP, they had picked up some BBQ an fixings from a place real close (a pretty short walk) to the Brave's stadium called Papa Bill's BBQ (across from the Holiday Inn), and it was absolutely delicious, and went well with the cold refreshments. Also Fullers Old Fashioned BBQ there in Pembroke is excellent, especially if you like NC's eastern pork BBQ and chicken.
      Last edited by Eagle74; 02-26-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X