Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crixus
    replied
    West Liberty trounced Alderson Broaddus in Philippi, WV 24-0. I thought for sure this would be a much closer game. Terrible performance by the Battlers. :(

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by HeavenontheHill View Post

Thanks for proving my point. Krol was WR coach in 2019. (Not the OC or Co-OC). Not on staff after that. He is listed as an Asst Coach at Shadyside HS this year.
    Write-up says he was entering his third season in 2020. So even if he didn't return, he was there in 2018 and 2019.

Leave a comment:

• HeavenontheHill
    replied
    Thanks for proving my point. Krol was WR coach in 2019. (Not the OC or Co-OC). Not on staff after that. He is listed as an Asst Coach at Shadyside HS this year.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by HeavenontheHill View Post
    Krol is not the OC at Wheeling U and never was the OC. Krol was on staff there in 2019, and was not listed as the OC on the website. He was not on staff after that season. When WLU lost last year to Wheeling Krol was not even in staff let alone the OC.
    https://wucardinals.com/sports/footb.../gary-krol/611

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Well...thank you very much for sharing that info HeavenontheHill .

Leave a comment:

• HeavenontheHill
    replied
    A coach named Robinson was the OC in 2019 and 2020 and they have a new OC this year by the name of Washington.

Leave a comment:

• HeavenontheHill
    replied
    Krol is not the OC at Wheeling U and never was the OC. Krol was on staff there in 2019, and was not listed as the OC on the website. He was not on staff after that season. When WLU lost last year to Wheeling Krol was not even in staff let alone the OC.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied
    Didn't know Krol was at Wheeling. Wonder why Wally sacked him since he was having all that success?

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
    If that's the truth, which I don't think it is, make Waialae a figure head coach like Paterno was and give the ultimate responsibility to the OC and DC.
    The HC is the OC and has been for most seasons since sacking Gary Krol in 2013. Krol was the offensive architect for the Guillon and Amedro eras and was insturmental in bring in Amedro, Eddie Hills, Kashif Walls, Renard Stevens, Almonzo Banks, Ryan Travis, Kevon Calhoun, etc. Defense at WLU has been a high risk operation that typically gives up more than a few points. During the Amedro era, that was actually a "good" thing as the defense either got a turn over or allowed a quick score by the other team which put the bal back in the offenses hands...Which the offense quite often deposited in the end zone. Given our putrid offense over most of the last 10+ years, our high risk defense has not done much of anything.

FYI...Krol is now the OC at Wheeling. Last WLU v Wheeling game, Wheeling 42, WLU 19.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by Layton View Post
    -3 total yards rushing. Looking at the box score the defense actually played well. Offense is putrid.
    Yikes! Now I don't feel so bad about AB only rushing for 21 yards against Mercyhurst. ;)
    Last edited by crixus; 09-11-2021, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied
    If that's the truth, which I don't think it is, make Waialae a figure head coach like Paterno was and give the ultimate responsibility to the OC and DC.

Leave a comment:

• HeavenontheHill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied
    Boat, pulling that donation proved to be a good move!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post

At what point do the boosters funding the scholarships pressure for change or pull their money to force it?
    Thats a good question. I pulled my donation to the football prog long ago and voiced my concerns. Guess they found a way to live without my $500!

Leave a comment:

• ShepAlum
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

To the best of my knowledge, WLU is still fully funded for schollys and just did a complete blow out Reno of their weight room. So it isn't a lack of scholly $s or poor facilities that are keeping them down. It's who the coaches bring in AND how they coach them up once they are here.
    At what point do the boosters funding the scholarships pressure for change or pull their money to force it?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X