Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiting

Anyone else notice these D2 teams offering every HS senior with a pulse?

I know attendance is down 62% nationwide, but some of these guys getting offers were JV players last year and don't have a down of Varsity HS football. Is this a real thing?

Originally posted by State_Jackets View Post
    Anyone else notice these D2 teams offering every HS senior with a pulse?

I know attendance is down 62% nationwide, but some of these guys getting offers were JV players last year and don't have a down of Varsity HS football. Is this a real thing?
    Can you be a bit more specific than "these D2 teams" ? Most of the teams I pay attention to are going after at least varsity starters even if they're not All Conference/State.

Comment

Private schools have to hit enrollment numbers. AB, Wheeling, NDC

Comment

Last edited by State_Jackets; 05-26-2022, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Given that none of these schools have student bodies in excess of 3000, I'd guess they'd be happy to see anyone willing to pay the tuition. By comparison only 1 of 16 PSAC FB schools has fewer than 2,000 (SHU) students and 11 of 16 have 3,000 plus. I'm guessing only the real dead-enders like LHU, SHU, CLARION etc would be recruiting aggressively purely to boost tuition.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Given that none of these schools have student bodies in excess of 3000, I'd guess they'd be happy to see anyone willing to pay the tuition. By comparison only 1 of 16 PSAC FB schools has fewer than 2,000 (SHU) students and 11 of 16 have 3,000 plus. I'm guessing only the real dead-enders like LHU, SHU, CLARION etc would be recruiting aggressively purely to boost tuition.
            Keep in mind Seton Hill isn't a meat market like most of the state schools. Their goal isn't to become a massive diploma factory. They'd probably like a couple more students but their campus is only built to hold a small enrollment.

As you eluded to (and referencing the original post) ... I don't think half the teams in SR1 care if they win or not. Load up the roster. Every human counts these days at most schools. Keep a team on the field. Let the band play on Saturday. That's all most of them seem to care about at this level. There's a reason the same teams win every year and the same teams stink every year.

Comment

I saw where Jeremy Dillon transferred to WV State. That's a good pick up for the Yellow Jackets.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X