X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Child
    replied
    Re: Pace football.

As Paul said in his thoughts after last week, the "Setters were 7-85 over the past nine seasons". And we heard on this message board every year how things are getting better at Pace, but they just never did. So it comes as a pleasant surprise that it actually happened. After St Anselm, it should be as many wins in 2018 as the past 9 seasons combined. Incredible.

Leave a comment:

• harlancounty
    replied

Extremely happy and proud of these Setters, especially the Seniors. It is great to see so many positive Pace comments on this forum. I've been following the program since 2013. It's been very tough sledding to say the least. Many lop sided defeats but the kids never quit. Best of luck this coming week and in the future!

Leave a comment:

• Chargers Nation
    replied

Congrats to the Setters for the winning season. Hopefully Pace will
    compete for the conference title in the up coming years.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Falewicz
    replied

Originally posted by Chargers Nation View Post
    It's wild to think that Pace might end the season having the same record as Assumption does at 7-3. The three lost came in the hands of the three top teams in the conference. WOW.
    Pace has been solid this year. The D is good and the offense has been up and down depending on which QB is under center. They have played 3 of them thus far and Bien-Aime is a solid back.

The future is bright for the Setters.

Leave a comment:

• Chargers Nation
    replied

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
    Huh, this statement is becoming more and more realistic every week now, actually looking great. What do ya'll think?
    It's wild to think that Pace might end the season having the same record as Assumption does at 7-3. The three lost came in the hands of the three top teams in the conference. WOW.

Leave a comment:

• NE10Fan
    replied

Originally posted by harlancounty View Post
    Saturday is Senior day at Pace. This class has gone 1-10, 0-11, 3-7 and is now 5-3. A win at home clinches Pace's first winning season since 1999. Pace has never beaten Merrimack. I think the Setters have a great chance to exorcise some demons this weekend.
    What happened to the Aiken kid. He had 163 yards passing and 159 yards rushing vs Assumption. The next week he had 240 passing with 4 TD's versus Stonehill. Nothing after that. They could have had that elusive winning season wrapped up by now.

Leave a comment:

• harlancounty
    replied

Huh, this statement is becoming more and more realistic every week now, actually looking great. What do ya'll think?
    Saturday is Senior day at Pace. This class has gone 1-10, 0-11, 3-7 and is now 5-3. A win at home clinches Pace's first winning season since 1999. Pace has never beaten Merrimack. I think the Setters have a great chance to exorcise some demons this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• NewHaven Alum
    replied

I was looking at Pace's remaining schedule and I thought the Setters chances of having a wining football season is actually good. What do ya'll thing?

Leave a comment:

• Paul Falewicz
    replied

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
    H'mmm; next week's Post- Pace matchup suddenly looms large on the NE10 radar screen. The Pioneers had better not take this team lightly.
    It is a battle of top 4 teams.

Leave a comment:

• CWP '68
    replied

H'mmm; next week's Post- Pace matchup suddenly looms large on the NE10 radar screen. The Pioneers had better not take this team lightly.

Leave a comment:

• NewHaven Alum
    replied

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
    I stand corrected. Setters should easily take Merrimack and Saint Anselm. A win against Southern Connecticut would make them no worse than 7-3!
    Huh? Yeah ok. Whatever you say HC.
    Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 10-13-2018, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Horror Child
    replied

I stand corrected. Setters should easily take Merrimack and Saint Anselm. A win against Southern Connecticut would make them no worse than 7-3!

Leave a comment:

• budman
    replied

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
    It will be tough for them to get to 6. Their defense will need to be there for the entire 60 minutes. Bentley, SCSU, and Merrimack can beat them along with Post.
    Yes any of the teams above can beat them but Pace is much more athletic than all of them.

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied

It will be tough for them to get to 6. Their defense will need to be there for the entire 60 minutes. Bentley, SCSU, and Merrimack can beat them along with Post.

Leave a comment:

• NewHaven Alum
    replied

Originally posted by budman View Post
    THey have the talent to beat All the teams left on there remainning Schedule except LIU POST. I do not see them lossing more than two games. I put there chances at 50 / 50 for a winning season.
    If this is the case, then it should put Pace at 6-4?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X