Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 9 NE10 Scores

All eyes on the Post-Assumption game-can the Greyhounds get back in the race?

Comment

Re: Week 9 NE10 Scores

Well it was a bonehead call by New Haven head coach for not kick the field goal at Stonehill 8 hardline and it would have put New Haven up by 15-7 but instead they went for fourth down and fail.

Comment

Merrimack wins 14-0 against aic

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacketalum View Post
          Merrimack wins 14-0 against aic
          Oh man, I could feel your pain yellowjacketalum. I sure am hoping AIC will come back to its normal self next year.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
            All eyes on the Post-Assumption game-can the Greyhounds get back in the race?
            Post emphatically answered that question today, as they thoroughly dominated Assumption's squad with a convincing 21-7 road win.

Nazir Streater continued to add to his outstanding play by breaking a scoreless tie with an electrifying 85-yard touchdown run on the second-half kickoff. After that, the offense, which had gotten into the red zone several times in the first half, but had only 3 failed FG attempts to show for it, put together 2 TD drives to give the Pioneers some breathing room. The Pioneer defense continued to stifle Assumption's 2-headed offense, allowing only 1 TD late in the game. With New Haven's win today, the November 11 matchup at Bethpage Federal Credit Union Stadium figures to be a must-see contest.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
              Post emphatically answered that question today, as they thoroughly dominated Assumption's squad with a convincing 21-7 road win.

Nazir Streater continued to add to his outstanding play by breaking a scoreless tie with an electrifying 85-yard touchdown run on the second-half kickoff. After that, the offense, which had gotten into the red zone several times in the first half, but had only 3 failed FG attempts to show for it, put together 2 TD drives to give the Pioneers some breathing room. The Pioneer defense continued to stifle Assumption's 2-headed offense, allowing only 1 TD late in the game. With New Haven's win today, the November 11 matchup at Bethpage Federal Credit Union Stadium figures to be a must-see contest.
              The Post D was solid. They pressured Williams and Monks all day long.

And for Laviano to throw the ball in the wind and rain yesterday, that was a solid performance.

The conditions were horrible. The wind was whipping around and the rain was sideways at times.

Both teams had to play in the conditions and Post executed more plays and that is why they won the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post

And for Laviano to throw the ball in the wind and rain yesterday, that was a solid performance.

The conditions were horrible. The wind was whipping around and the rain was sideways at times.

Both teams had to play in the conditions and Post executed more plays and that is why they won the game.
                Laviano has one of the best arms I've ever seen. Whether from the pocket or on the run to either side, he throws perfect spirals. I didn't see yesterday's game, but from the box score it's obvious that the weather impacted the game plan. Post's ground game took up the slack. The weather, plus Tom Marinan's injury combined to provide a coming-out party for Jonathan DeBique. I knew Post had something special in that young man the first time I saw him carry the ball. He has size, speed and explosive power. He's going to be a big-time player down the road

Comment

I think the Post defense is the best they have had in years, impact players at every level. Jake Carlock was making plays all over the field yesterday, he is having a great year.

Comment

A miserable day in Worcester.

With a N'oreast monsoon raging, it was looking like first score wins. So when Assumption dropped a TD pass at the end of the 0-0 first half, it may have been the mental turning point.
                    LIU took the second half kickoff 86 for a TD and never looked back.

Post dominated on defense, The Hounds had no offensive answers, their O line was not up to the rush most of the day.
                    When AC had a chance to make a stop and flip the field, Post would find a seam or turn the corner and pick up the first down.

AC didn't get any breaks with some questionable calls and non calls, but it would not have mattered, they were not the better team this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ View Post
                      I think the Post defense is the best they have had in years, impact players at every level. Jake Carlock was making plays all over the field yesterday, he is having a great year.
                      Carlock was lined up and covered Deonte Harris a bunch of times yesterday. Harris caught a slant pass and Carlock tackled him by the shoe strings.

He was all over the field. The front 4 was in the backfield most of the day. The secondary was not really tested as you were not able to throw the ball more than 10 yards with the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
                        Laviano has one of the best arms I've ever seen. Whether from the pocket or on the run to either side, he throws perfect spirals. I didn't see yesterday's game, but from the box score it's obvious that the weather impacted the game plan. Post's ground game took up the slack. The weather, plus Tom Marinan's injury combined to provide a coming-out party for Jonathan DeBique. I knew Post had something special in that young man the first time I saw him carry the ball. He has size, speed and explosive power. He's going to be a big-time player down the road
                        DeBique will be a force in coming years. He is big, strong and quick.

Comment

DeBique will be a force in coming years. He is big, strong and quick.
                          Yes, he stepped up big time with Tim Marinan getting injured.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X