Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIU Post video

Hi all. New here, just a quick question for Post fans or anyone else who knows. For Saturday's de facto title game, should I expect the online video quality to be good and reliable, or should I attend the game in person if I want to be sure not to miss it? Thanks!

Re: LIU Post video

Originally posted by JonP View Post
    Hi all. New here, just a quick question for Post fans or anyone else who knows. For Saturday's de facto title game, should I expect the online video quality to be good and reliable, or should I attend the game in person if I want to be sure not to miss it? Thanks!
    I think Champ or CWP'68 (the two resident Post people) will be able to tell you more specifics. Post's feed looks to be a paid feed that is carried through their primary conference, the ECC, and I don't know anything about it. Post is the only NE10 football school whose video feed doesn't go through the NE10 Now portal.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
      I think Champ or CWP'68 (the two resident Post people) will be able to tell you more specifics. Post's feed looks to be a paid feed that is carried through their primary conference, the ECC, and I don't know anything about it. Post is the only NE10 football school whose video feed doesn't go through the NE10 Now portal.

Comment

I've never watched a home game online only some of the away games and those were fine. I dont know much about the video here but Post has more sports in the ECC then the NE10 so maybe thats why they use that video service?

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

With a game this big, there's nothing better than being there in person. Word to the wise: come early. For reasons known only to them, the powers that be had the visitors' grandstand torn down a few weeks ago, so everyone has to sit on the home side. New Haven always brings a good crowd, and, given what's at stake, tomorrow should be no exception.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
              With a game this big, there's nothing better than being there in person. Word to the wise: come early. For reasons known only to them, the powers that be had the visitors' grandstand torn down a few weeks ago, so everyone has to sit on the home side. New Haven always brings a good crowd, and, given what's at stake, tomorrow should be no exception.
              Did the visitors' stands just fall on their own? They were pretty old and that press box was very scary. I am sure that they will replace with stands made in this century.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
                Did the visitors' stands just fall on their own? They were pretty old and that press box was very scary. I am sure that they will replace with stands made in this century.
                Paul: Lol! Those old stands should have been granted landmark status; AFAIK, they were the original grandstands from the beginning of C.W. Post football. They were roped off for the Homecoming game 3 weeks ago and demolition began the next day. I guess the university is in a hurry to build a new visitors
                grandstand for next season. Ironic in view of the fact that I was Vice-President of the C.W. Post Alumni Association in the 1970s and we were fighting for a new home grandstand way back then. Took us 40 years to get the new home stands/ pressbox, but now there's such a rush to build the new one that the university took the old one down with one home game (and at least one playoff game) remaining. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
                  Paul: Lol! Those old stands should have been granted landmark status; AFAIK, they were the original grandstands from the beginning of C.W. Post football. They were roped off for the Homecoming game 3 weeks ago and demolition began the next day. I guess the university is in a hurry to build a new visitors
                  grandstand for next season. Ironic in view of the fact that I was Vice-President of the C.W. Post Alumni Association in the 1970s and we were fighting for a new home grandstand way back then. Took us 40 years to get the new home stands/ pressbox, but now there's such a rush to build the new one that the university took the old one down with one home game (and at least one playoff game) remaining. Go figure.

Comment

Anywhere to catch the highlights of this game?

Comment

Originally posted by LIU21 View Post
                      Maybe Sportcenter on ESPN?

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
                        Maybe Sportcenter on ESPN?

Comment

You mean the 46 yard TD bomb by New Haven WR?

Comment

Originally posted by LIU21 View Post
                            The Post twitter feed had some highlights.

https://twitter.com/liupostpioneers

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
                              You mean the 46 yard TD bomb by New Haven WR?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X