Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from a transplanted CT guy

Been living in Teas for many years, but grew up in CT just down the road from New Haven, now working at Teas A&M -Commerce (last years DII champ). Im seeing NE-10 playoff games listed as 11 am start times on the NCAA site. Is that 11 am Eastern or am I getting Central time start times because I am checking it from Texas? Looking forward to watching the games on Saturday.

Re: Question from a transplanted CT guy

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Been living in Teas for many years, but grew up in CT just down the road from New Haven, now working at Teas A&M -Commerce (last years DII champ). Im seeing NE-10 playoff games listed as 11 am start times on the NCAA site. Is that 11 am Eastern or am I getting Central time start times because I am checking it from Texas? Looking forward to watching the games on Saturday.
    I saw that too. I believe they are reading that you are CST and adjusting it accordingly.

Comment

I'm in the Mountain time zone and I see;

11/17 - 10:00AM
      Kutztown
      Hillsdale College

11/17 - 10:00AM
      LIU Post
      Slippery Rock

11/17 - 11:00AM
      West Chester
      New Haven

The good thing is that you can interpret the times as Eastern time and check if the game is starting; then if it is not you can check based on your time zone. For me, I would check on New Haven at 9AM MT then again at 11AM MT. Guarantees not missing kickoff.

Comment

Brandon is right - the site is switching for time zones since the games start at 1:00 PM Eastern.

I'm a CT transplant myself - Where in CT are you from? I grew up in the Waterbury area and worked in Bridgeport for several years before moving to Lancaster, PA. Guessing the weather in TX is a bit better than the winter slop we're dealing with today.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
          Brandon is right - the site is switching for time zones since the games start at 1:00 PM Eastern.

I'm a CT transplant myself - Where in CT are you from? I grew up in the Waterbury area and worked in Bridgeport for several years before moving to Lancaster, PA. Guessing the weather in TX is a bit better than the winter slop we're dealing with today.
          Grew up in Cheshire. We didnt get the snow because it went SOUTH of us. Snowed in Houston, (earliest snow in history for them) this week but not here, We just got temps in the 20s for the last 3 days. Should be 70 here tomorrow though, got my windows open. Thanks for straightening me out.

Comment

LIU Post/Rock starts at 12 PM EST, 11 AM CST, 10 AM MST, 9 AM PST. Post has no lights on their field and since it gets dark at 4:30, they have the early slot.

New Haven/WCU starts at 1 PM EST, 12 PM CST, 11 AM MST, 10 AM PST. WCU does have lights on their field so the game will end around sunset time without an issue.

Traffic is up next.......

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
              LIU Post/Rock starts at 12 PM EST, 11 AM CST, 10 AM MST, 9 AM PST. Post has no lights on their field and since it gets dark at 4:30, they have the early slot.

New Haven/WCU starts at 1 PM EST, 12 PM CST, 11 AM MST, 10 AM PST. WCU does have lights on their field so the game will end around sunset time without an issue.

Any School Opening delays?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post

haha, thanks.

Comment

haha, thanks.
                  No problem. I was just in Mississippi for a conference and screwed up for days because of the time change. I was always early for the sessions.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X