Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 12 Playoff Scores

It's especially bad when the guy who is supposed to be the leader on the O-line is taking the bad penalties and repeatedly putting the offense in a hole. That was a problem all season, and it bit Post in the butt today.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
      It's especially bad when the guy who is supposed to be the leader on the O-line is taking the bad penalties and repeatedly putting the offense in a hole. That was a problem all season, and it bit Post in the butt today.
      Yea it has been a problem all year. I guess that says more about the coaching staff than anything. Funny thing going in rock was supposed to be the more penalized team.

Comment

Penalties killed Post all day long. They were just stupid ones and backed them up too often.

The D played well except for the 1st play of the game. They over-persuaded and it cost them. They made plays and help the Rock in check most of the day.

The offense was bad. Plenty of opportunities in the red zone and not much to show for it. Didn't see that coming as that was a strength of theirs.

The OL was manhandled and Laviano threw the ball quicker than he wanted. He was also off as he missed some throws and the receivers dropped some others.

Overall, not the performance we expected. They will be competitive at the D1 level next year.

Comment

It's sad that NO ONE from the PSAC forum but one and it's including our own blogger believed in New Haven should win this week, not only that, majority of people thought New Haven would sore the least points in the lost and again, it's including our own blogger. Lots of people thought the game should be an easy win for West Chester. Well, this would shut them up big time. We are not done yet and I am sure New Haven will be an underdog again this week. Let's go Chargers and shut them up again.

Comment

Originally posted by No Fear View Post
            It's sad that NO ONE from the PSAC forum but one and it's including our own blogger believed in New Haven should win this week, not only that, majority of people thought New Haven would sore the least points in the lost and again, it's including our own blogger. Lots of people thought the game should be an easy win for West Chester. Well, this would shut them up big time. We are not done yet and I am sure New Haven will be an underdog again this week. Let's go Chargers and shut them up again.
            I was wrong. I thought that West Chester was going to win the region. I thought that they were the best team and going to be playing deep into December.

I was 0-3 yesterday so you know my level of expertise at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by jim816 View Post
              CHARGERS WIN
              CHARGERS WIN

35-28 final. West Chester's last drive stopped just over midfield
              on fourth and six.

With 7 seed Slippery Rock winning the announcers are saying they do not reseed so we get a home game next week.

Wonderful win
              Yes indeed, we are gonna host this week's game. I was watching the game and I thought New Haven completely was a different team out there. West Chester is fast and strong and that's why they are the PSAC champs but the Chargers gave them hell all day and they had an answer to just about everything West Chester did. Let's go Chargers!

Comment

Good point, NewHaven Alum has said all week that UNH is a very strong team when they are in the post season and don't be surprised if they win and he was right.

Comment

Well there is a reason for that. On paper, West Chester has a resume to win the game specially they when they are at home. I am sure everyone looks at West Chester and New Haven before the game and thought the Chargers do not have the power to compete with the Rams since they were undefeated, high ranked team, being at home and the PSAC champ specially after they manhandled Slippery Rock, who is the best team from the PSAC west, at Slippery Rock. Well New Haven has a chance to beat the best teams from the PSAC east and PSAC west in the same year. If it makes you feel any better, here is the stats about New Haven in the post season. IUP is the only team from the PSAC that has an edge on New Haven where they won both games against the Chargers with a total of 6 points. Beside IUP, New Haven is now 6 and 0 versus teams from the PSAC. As a mater of facts, New Haven has never loose to ALL the PSAC teams that represent in this year's playoff. New Haven is now 2-0 versus West Chester, 1-0 versus Kutztown and 1-0 versus Slippery Rock. Like I said, New Haven is a very strong football team once it comes playoffs time.
                  Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 11-19-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
                    I was wrong. I thought that West Chester was going to win the region. I thought that they were the best team and going to be playing deep into December.

I was 0-3 yesterday so you know my level of expertise at the moment.
                    Paul, you were not the only one, there were tons of people who made wrong predictions last week. To be honest, I though West Chester was the team to beat also.

Comment

2nd year in a row that #7 has beaten #2 in Region1. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
                        As a mater of facts, New Haven has never lost to ALL the PSAC teams that represent in this year's playoff. New Haven is now 2-0 versus West Chester, 1-0 versus Kutztown and 1-0 versus Slippery Rock. Like I said, New Haven is a very strong football team once it comes playoffs time.
                        That's a good point, hope it goes to 2-0 against SRU this week. I would add too that since bringing back football that New Haven is 2-1 against PSAC champs in the playoffs.
                        Last edited by cwfenn; 11-18-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
                          Can't disagree with anything Jim816 said on this thread. SRU came to play and played a very disciplined game. Post's offensive unit, as they had all season, committed several untimely penalties and today it cost them.
                          SRU ran the ball very effectively but the real story for The Rock was its defense. They put pressure on Chris Laviano all afternoon, and they picked off one of his passes inside the 10 and another in their end zone.
                          So ends another stellar season for the Pioneers. It was a day of "lasts." The heart and soul of the team, 19 Seniors, played their last game for Post today. The team played its last game as a Division 2 squad, their last game as "Pioneers," their last game in their traditional Green and Gold uniforms and their last game representing the Post name in its various iterations (i.e., C.W.Post College, C.W. Post Center, C.W. Post Campus, and LIU Post). The 2019 squad will be known as Long Island University for better or worse. It is the penultimate move in LIU's half-century-long campaign to eradicate the name of C.W. Post.
                          Some people call it "progress." But sometimes "progress" comes at too great a price. This is one of those times.

POST PRIDE FOREVER!!!
                          I didn't expect Post to lose yesterday, especially after how well their D played against New Haven last week (Carlock was an absolute beast), and their offense had loads of talent as well (Laviano, Pierre). Nor did I expect New Haven to win outright as well, although I did think the Chargers' receiving crew and Patterson would give West Chester's defense more trouble than many people thought.

Post was a standard-bearer in NE10 football the last few years, winning the league and winning playoff games. But now they move on up to D1 with Merrimack and will change their uniforms and their identity as a university. Even the stadium will look different, new stands will go up and they now have some fairly new turf that needs to be torn out (at least in the end zones). The league was stronger with Post than without, just look at the playoff wins and out-of-conference wins over the years. Post may schedule NE10 teams in the future like Bryant has, but it won't be the same as CWP'68 has said. For what it's worth I hope the move up benefits them and Merrimack too, and I hope that Franklin Pierce will develop a competitive team sooner than later (New Haven sure did). And this forum may shrink a bit too.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                            I didn't expect Post to lose yesterday, especially after how well their D played against New Haven last week (Carlock was an absolute beast), and their offense had loads of talent as well (Laviano, Pierre). Nor did I expect New Haven to win outright as well, although I did think the Chargers' receiving crew and Patterson would give West Chester's defense more trouble than many people thought.

Post was a standard-bearer in NE10 football the last few years, winning the league and winning playoff games. But now they move on up to D1 with Merrimack and will change their uniforms and their identity as a university. Even the stadium will look different, new stands will go up and they now have some fairly new turf that needs to be torn out (at least in the end zones). The league was stronger with Post than without, just look at the playoff wins and out-of-conference wins over the years. Post may schedule NE10 teams in the future like Bryant has, but it won't be the same as CWP'68 has said. For what it's worth I hope the move up benefits them and Merrimack too, and I hope that Franklin Pierce will develop a competitive team sooner than later (New Haven sure did). And this forum may shrink a bit too.
                            I will miss Merrimack and Post. I will miss the AIC vs Post rivalry. AIC had many close battles with post. Post has represented this conference well. Good luck to both Merrimack and Post in D1

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                              That's a good point, hope it goes to 2-0 against SRU this week. I would add too that since bringing back football that New Haven is 2-1 against PSAC champs in the playoffs.
                              Good call, I didn't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
                                Good point, NewHaven Alum has said all week that UNH is a very strong team when they are in the post season and don't be surprised if they win and he was right.
                                I think there was a couple of us who picked UNH, where's the love?
                                Wish I had gone with my head instead of my NE10 heart with LIU. Not high on the one and done -5th year transfer at QB. You all may have a lot of examples of success with this, but seems like chemistry plays a bigger part than the numbers.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X