Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Pace pulled it off

Comment

SCSU wins 31-17. Ostrowsky had another really good game.

Comment

New Haven and St. Anselm are in a tight one. Chargers lead 21-16 at the half.

Comment

Comment

31-22 New Haven. Logan scores on a long TD run after looking like he was stopped. He emerged from the rugby-like pile and scored.

Comment

St. Anselm answers with a TD, score now 31-29. Three minutes left. Once again, hold on to your butts.

Comment

St. Anselm gets a TD with 34 seconds left and hold off a furious New Haven drive to win their first game of the season 36-31. It is the third time St. Anselm has beaten New Haven.

The Hawks gave up an average of 50 points a game on defense going into this game but made the stops tonight when they needed them. For New Haven, the defense was on the field way too much in the second half and the offense was lacking in confidence as has been the case all season. Great win for St. Anselm, and New Haven really should be embarrassed about how the game turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                  St. Anselm gets a TD with 34 seconds left and hold off a furious New Haven drive to win their first game of the season 36-31. It is the third time St. Anselm has beaten New Haven.

The Hawks gave up an average of 50 points a game on defense going into this game but made the stops tonight when they needed them. For New Haven, the defense was on the field way too much in the second half and the offense was lacking in confidence as has been the case all season. Great win for St. Anselm, and New Haven really should be embarrassed about how the game turned out.
                  OOOF !! Embarrassing to be the loser to a first time winner. Congrats to ST A !! HOW IN THE WORLD DOES A TEAM GIVE IUP A GOOD GAME, BEAT PACE AND STONEHILL YET LOSE TO THE HAWKS OF ST A ?????
                  CHARGER fans, I would really like to hear this.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

OOOF !! Embarrassing to be the loser to a first time winner. Congrats to ST A !! HOW IN THE WORLD DOES A TEAM GIVE IUP A GOOD GAME, BEAT PACE AND STONEHILL YET LOSE TO THE HAWKS OF ST A ?????
                    CHARGER fans, I would really like to hear this.
                    Hi Board

Well my chaotic life caught up with me once again. I am done with my big move but will be unboxing for quite some time. was both too busy and too involved and with no computer to be able to participate last few weeks.

I was at the last home game and we our Stunned at this turn of events. No idea where these second half struggles have come from.

Earlier this year I talked about how I have never been a fan of rotating Quarterbacks and that is in my mind part of the problem. Another part of he problem is that we have always been a Quarterback dependent league and if you are rotating QB's it means that none of them are good enough to win the job outright and that is a bad sign.

I will still go to the home games and what up with the crazy schedule we got 4 weeks between home games early October to Early November in the middle of the season.

Clearly this years team was overrated and ks simply not performing as well as expected. The poor offense is putting too much pressure on our Defense and we fade late.

This season is gone and there will be a lot of soul searching about how and where we need to improve this program.

This season is not going to help our potential move to lower D1 as it raises the obvious question of if we cannot compete at the upper levels of our NE-10 League how are we going to do better in a tougher league.

I got questions now that I never expected to be asking this year sand Yes I am disappointed.

Jim G

Comment

Originally posted by jim816 View Post

Hi Board

Well my chaotic life caught up with me once again. I am done with my big move but will be unboxing for quite some time. was both too busy and too involved and with no computer to be able to participate last few weeks.

I was at the last home game and we our Stunned at this turn of events. No idea where these second half struggles have come from.

Earlier this year I talked about how I have never been a fan of rotating Quarterbacks and that is in my mind part of the problem. Another part of he problem is that we have always been a Quarterback dependent league and if you are rotating QB's it means that none of them are good enough to win the job outright and that is a bad sign.

I will still go to the home games and what up with the crazy schedule we got 4 weeks between home games early October to Early November in the middle of the season.

Clearly this years team was overrated and ks simply not performing as well as expected. The poor offense is putting too much pressure on our Defense and we fade late.

This season is gone and there will be a lot of soul searching about how and where we need to improve this program.

This season is not going to help our potential move to lower D1 as it raises the obvious question of if we cannot compete at the upper levels of our NE-10 League how are we going to do better in a tougher league.

I got questions now that I never expected to be asking this year sand Yes I am disappointed.

Jim G
                      Always remember that moving to D1 is about the insane $$$ to be made in MARCH MADNESS !! PLAY one game in the tournament and your fund raising is much less stressful for some time. Play in a second game WOW. Way back in 2012 the single game payout to the league of your team was nearly $1.8 million. Depending on how your league distributes it, you tend to forget your FB problems.
                      Last edited by CALUPA69; 10-13-2019, 05:57 AM.

Comment

This is one of the craziest years in the NE10 I have ever remembered.

Comment

The Setters and The Hounds had a great battle on Saturday. Pace drove down the field with 1:34 left and down 4 for the win after AC had just taken their first lead of the day.

Aiken connected on the first play of the last drive from his 30 for a 59 yard completion that set them up inside AC territory. Again the Hounds seconday let guys behind them for open catches which has plagued them all year.

It's hard to say AC controlled most of the game while Pace had 400 yards rushing, but it was bend dont break an as even as the last two drives of the game.

AC started slow in each half, giving up 14 unanswered in the first and 7 to start the 3rd. That was the big difference.

McAfee, Freshman AC QB in his first start had chances in the first half, but settled for field goals on two early drives.

Really entertaing game... The league may not have some top teams in the region but its all up for grabs.

Oh yeah, that extra loud and obnoxious public address guy at Pace. When I saw the schedule come out and the game was back at Pace two years in a row, I should have bought those ear plugs. My advise, dont leave home without them.

Comment

Another crazy weekend. St A beats New Haven in the final minute. Pace beats Assumption for the 1st time since 2008. Stonehill is 4-1, 3-0 NE10 and the lone undefeated team in the league. And SCSU has won 2 in a row with their frosh QB. This league is unpredictable right now and anyone is capable of winning each week.

Comment

Originally posted by jim816 View Post

Hi Board

Jim G

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacketalum View Post
                                This is one of the craziest years in the NE10 I have ever remembered.
                                Yep, mark your calendars for 11/9. Pace at Stonehill could be the league championship game!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X