Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility of a cancel season

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Possibility of a cancel season

    With the Ivy and Patriot leagues canceling fall sports and the Big 10 and Pac 12 only playing in conference, do anyone think the NE 10 may go in any of these directions? I think the NE 10 may only play in conference games. Every team is in the northeast and are in states where virus cases have fallen. If the season is canceled or moved to the spring I would completely understand. Hope everyone been safe through this whole ordeal.

  • #2
    PSAC just pulled the plug on fall 2020. NE10 votes tomorrow.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by yellowjacketalum View Post
      With the Ivy and Patriot leagues canceling fall sports and the Big 10 and Pac 12 only playing in conference, do anyone think the NE 10 may go in any of these directions? I think the NE 10 may only play in conference games. Every team is in the northeast and are in states where virus cases have fallen. If the season is canceled or moved to the spring I would completely understand. Hope everyone been safe through this whole ordeal.
      I would guess the NE10 tries to start up in the Spring, if they try at all.

      Also, appreciate the kind words and hope you're safe too.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post
        PSAC just pulled the plug on fall 2020. NE10 votes tomorrow.
        PA's governor has re-added some regulations on gatherings and restaurants today, which might have made it an easier vote for the PSAC.

        Comment


        • #5
          Just heard about PSAC. Will not be surprised if the NE10 follows suit.

          Comment


          • #6
            MASCAC (today), NESCAC, Patriot, Ivy are out for Fall sports.

            Comment


            • #7
              NE10 suspends play until January 1 via a unanimous vote. They will attempt to reboot in the Spring:

              https://ne10.prestosports.com/general/2020-21/releases/20200716lpyq48

              Comment


              • #8
                Plenty of free Saturdays this fall.

                Comment


                • #9
                  So does that leave the GMAC and MEC left in Region 1???

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                    So does that leave the GMAC and MEC left in Region 1???
                    Today, yes. Tomorrow, who knows.

                    I have heard that WV has fared fairly well with the virus (at least that's what the numbers say), so maybe the MEC tries to go forward. I won't speak for the GMAC as I don't know how things are that way.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
                      Plenty of free Saturdays this fall.
                      Yup.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	King-Of-The-Hill-Social-Distancing-Meme-Mike.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	523709
                      Last edited by cwfenn; 07-31-2020, 03:56 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        NE10 40th year anniversary...off to a flying start...or stop, depending on how you wanna look at it. Let's hope for the spring.
                        Assumption would then have 2 soccer teams, 2 lacrosse teams, 1 field hockey team and the football team, all playing and practicing on one field. Could be a problem.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The East Coast Conference has followed suit:

                          https://eccsports.org/information/ge...71720_fall2020

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                            The East Coast Conference has followed suit:

                            https://eccsports.org/information/ge...71720_fall2020
                            Damn, no ESports in the Fall.

                            Comment

                            Ad3

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X