X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigCatcirca73
    replied
    Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

Something had to happened because Bentley has an excellent football program and was the conference's champs last year and runner-up this year so coaches don't just quit all of a sudden like this.
    Yea - I don't have any additional info - except that the Head coach is out of football for now. He has three young children, the youngest was just born last year.

Bentley promoted the Interim Head Coach to the full job today - Alvin Reynolds

Leave a comment:

• NewHaven Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by BigCatcirca73 View Post

DLine coach left to go to grad school [and work as grad asst UMass] Head Coach resigned suddenly and is out of coaching for now. D Coordinator named Interim Head Coach - that resulted in the Offensive coaches quitting, The Interim HC [Reynolds] was able to cobble together a staff and they had a fairly normal Spring Ball. Reynoilds is Bentley's Assoc. Ath. Dir for Inclusion and Diversity. Prior to Bentley, Reynolds spent 18 yrs as an NFL asst coach.
    Something had to happened because Bentley has an excellent football program and was the conference's champs last year and runner-up this year so coaches don't just quit all of a sudden like this.

Leave a comment:

• BigCatcirca73
    replied
    Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

No reason was given and almost the entire coaching staff, except 3 coaches, resigned as well. Something big happened in Waltham for sure.
    DLine coach left to go to grad school [and work as grad asst UMass] Head Coach resigned suddenly and is out of coaching for now. D Coordinator named Interim Head Coach - that resulted in the Offensive coaches quitting, The Interim HC [Reynolds] was able to cobble together a staff and they had a fairly normal Spring Ball. Reynoilds is Bentley's Assoc. Ath. Dir for Inclusion and Diversity. Prior to Bentley, Reynolds spent 18 yrs as an NFL asst coach.

Leave a comment:

• NewHaven Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by yellowjacketalum View Post

Wow, Bentley coach resigned? Any reason why?
    No reason was given and almost the entire coaching staff, except 3 coaches, resigned as well. Something big happened in Waltham for sure.

Leave a comment:

• yellowjacketalum
    replied
    Originally posted by NE10Fan View Post

The Bentley coach just resigned. Urban Meyers to Waltham and transition to D1, rebuild his reputation.
    Wow, Bentley coach resigned? Any reason why?

Leave a comment:

• BronzedHawk
    replied
    Stonehill goes to the NEC never letting go of the Ol' Bronze Hawk to Saint A's. Will Saint A's get a trophy game with Franklin Pierce now?

Leave a comment:

• NE10Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Well, it has to be the ACC-how else can we start the Coach K to New Haven rumors?

Anyway, could Bentley be next?
    The Bentley coach just resigned. Urban Meyers to Waltham and transition to D1, rebuild his reputation.
    Last edited by NE10Fan; 04-07-2022, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    There's a mileage table in the Utica thread comparing Utica's potential travel in the NE10 and the ECC.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    It seems unlikely the distance would keep Utica out. In most sports, NE10 teams already have to travel to Le Moyne.
    On average, the distance difference between Utica and LeMoyne (in Syracuse) for most of the existing NE10 schools is between 35-45 fewer minutes and 40-50 fewer miles to the east.

Time/Mileage from NE10 football schools to Utica and LeMoyne:

*AIC: 3:02/185 miles; 3:42/230 miles
    Assumption: 3:45/230 miles; 4:24/274 miles
    Bentley: 4:09/257 miles; 4:48/252 miles
    Franklin Pierce: 4:10/208 miles; 4:48/252 miles
    *New Haven: 4:00/248 miles; 4:39/293 miles
    *Pace: 3:39/229 miles; 4:15/260 miles
    St Anselm: 4:49/295 miles; 5:27/340 miles
    *Southern Connecticut: 3:59/242 miles; 4:37/287 miles

* - Teams in the same division (NE10 Southwest) as LeMoyne in basketball and baseball, among other sports

As a point of reference, potential future NE10 football member Post is 203 miles and 3:31 away from Utica.

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    So will New Haven join the ACC or the SEC?
    Well, it has to be the ACC-how else can we start the Coach K to New Haven rumors?

Anyway, could Bentley be next?

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    It seems unlikely the distance would keep Utica out. In most sports, NE10 teams already have to travel to Le Moyne.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by ne10nyc View Post

I know its being said. I just can't see Utica coming into the NE10 with football. 4+ hour bus trips every weekend for NE10 schools is an expensive proposition.
    I get that, but where else are they going to go if they do make the move? I'm sure the bus trips to Nassau County to play LIU Post weren't exactly cheap (other than for Pace, New Haven and Southern).

Leave a comment:

• ne10nyc
    replied
    Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

And if the Utica to D1 hockey/D2 in other sports rumor is true, maybe that gets the NE10 at most, two new schools (Utica and Post). Otherwise, I'd be concerned about the future of NE10 football.
    I know its being said. I just can't see Utica coming into the NE10 with football. 4+ hour bus trips every weekend for NE10 schools is an expensive proposition.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    They are moving their "D2" hockey team up to D1 as well, that's interesting.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    So will New Haven join the ACC or the SEC?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X