Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE10 week 7 scores

AIC loses to Pace 45-34. Not surprise or upset at this point. At least they scored over 14. 4 more weeks left.

Good thing New Haven got Bentley out of the way.

Assumption will be an absolute grind of a game in two weeks. That defense can beat New Haven by itself.
    Last edited by cwfenn; 10-16-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Southern CT finally won.

AIC has chances at the end of the season to get a win or two.

Comment

AIC has struggled since 2014. That was the last time that they had a winning record.

SCSU finally wins. We will avoid the winless battle between AIC and SCSU in two weeks.

That Bentley D is pretty good. And Assumption is not that bad as well. One 77 yd reception was the difference in the game.

New Haven can clinch the league with a victory over Assumption as they will hold the tie-breakers over the next two competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
          Good thing New Haven got Bentley out of the way.

Assumption will be an absolute grind of a game in two weeks. That defense can beat New Haven by itself.
          New Haven defense is getting better over the past few games and the offense needs to clean up their mistakes. Assumption is a great football team and the Chargers need to play their best if they want to defend their title.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
            AIC has struggled since 2014. That was the last time that they had a winning record.

SCSU finally wins. We will avoid the winless battle between AIC and SCSU in two weeks.

That Bentley D is pretty good. And Assumption is not that bad as well. One 77 yd reception was the difference in the game.

New Haven can clinch the league with a victory over Assumption as they will hold the tie-breakers over the next two competitors.
            Personally I think Bentley has a good if not the best D in the NE10. New Haven won the game vs the Falcons because of the Chargers's defense scored the winning touchdown. New Haven offense had their worst game against Bentley's defense. As much as I like my Chargers, but I still think Bentley is very dangerous and is the best team over all.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

Personally I think Bentley has a good if not the best D in the NE10. New Haven won the game vs the Falcons because of the Chargers's defense scored the winning touchdown. New Haven offense had their worst game against Bentley's defense. As much as I like my Chargers, but I still think Bentley is very dangerous and is the best team over all.
              If both teams win out, that September game will decide the NE10 again. Bentley is better than I thought going into the season. New Haven has been playing better each week.

Both teams just need to win out if they are going to have a shot at the playoffs. Let the other teams around them in the region fall and finish with respectable resumes for a chance to play an extra week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                Southern CT finally won.

AIC has chances at the end of the season to get a win or two.
                Lol. AIC is not winning a game this year. Maybe against St. Anselms. That’s a big maybe

Comment

If both teams win out, that September game will decide the NE10 again. Bentley is better than I thought going into the season. New Haven has been playing better each week.

Both teams just need to win out if they are going to have a shot at the playoffs. Let the other teams around them in the region fall and finish with respectable resumes for a chance to play an extra week or two.
                  I hope it doesn't happen but what would happen if Assumption wins against New Haven as far as the NE10 title is concerned? On the other hand, with 2 looses, the post season is just about over for this region. That would be a big mess and not to mention St. Anselm is still around with 2 looses so far.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacketalum View Post

Lol. AIC is not winning a game this year. Maybe against St. Anselms. That’s a big maybe
                    The best chance for AIC to win is at home against SCSU.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

I hope it doesn't happen but what would happen if Assumption wins against New Haven as far as the NE10 title is concerned? On the other hand, with 2 looses, the post season is just about over for this region. That would be a big mess and not to mention St. Anselm is still around with 2 looses so far.
                      IF New Haven, Bentley & Assumption end in a 3-way tie it would likely end that way for the NE-10 Title. Having beaten each other. I don't think there is a way to break the tie. They would all have identical tie-breaker records.

Here's the monkey in the works regarding the play-offs Assumption has only one D2 loss [other loss was to FCS Merrimack] So, If Assumption knocks off New Haven and all three teams win out their D2 records would be: New Haven 8-2 Bentley 8-2 Assumption 8-1 I don't know how that will impact rankings - but I'm sure it has some effect.

Comment

The Assumption Defense has vastly improved over the last two season. They need support on the other side of the ball. I haven't seen any Assumption offense win a game they really needed to in 4 years.

Comment

What would be the best scenario for this conference to get 2 teams in the post season? As it stands right now, three teams, Assumption, Bentley and New Haven are all still in the running with New Haven is in control of their destiny. I know it might be a little early for playoff talks but I can't help it.

Comment

What would be the best scenario for this conference to get 2 teams in the post season? As it stands right now, three teams, Assumption, Bentley and New Haven are all still in the running with New Haven is in control of their destiny. I know it might be a little early for playoff talks but I can't help it.
                            Eenie, meenie, miney, moe…I think it would come down to overall strength of schedule. A three-way tie might also wipe out earned access, I think, making it tougher to get two teams in.

Don’t quote me on any of this, I don’t know the rankings system well at all. User Inkblot has his own site that he tries to predict rankings with, and he currently has New Haven sixth and Assumption seventh.

https://www.inkblotsports.com/d2stats/2223/mfb/sr1.html

Comment

This region is so tough to get into the playoffs so it's even harder to get 2 teams in. The NE10 has only certain amount off teams and we basically beating each other up during the regular season. Personally, i think the best way to get into the post season with 2 teams would be to have 2 team stand at 9-1 or one team at 10-0 and one team at 9-1. With an 8-2 records then we might need some helps aroung the region. Although last year we had 2 teams in with one at 8-2 and one at 9-1 because there were many great teams lost toward the end of the regular season and during the conferrence playoffs. As far as this conference is concerned, New Haven will get in at 9-1 and if their final records fall to 8-2, then they are done.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X