Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIC Hires New Head Coach

https://www.aicyellowjackets.com/spo...20230111f8tlip

Somehow I missed the part where AIC was looking for a coach.

Lol, I didn’t know they were looking for a new coach either. It was weird that Kulzer wasn’t there for the final game of the season. This was the right decision and may put some juice into the program that had taken a step back. Conte is a western mass native attending Springfield college which is right down the street from AIC. He’s an offensive guy who has experience at successful D2 schools. I’m excited for the hire. Let’s see if he could bring the best out of these kids.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
      https://www.aicyellowjackets.com/spo...20230111f8tlip

Somehow I missed the part where AIC was looking for a coach.
      It looks like he is bringing in a few new assistants also. Question is, what happened to Kris Kulzer? Was he let go by AIC after one bad season? Did he accept a better coaching job somewhere? Last year, it was Bentley and now AIC. Talk about Bentley, I think they lost their OC and special team coach also.
      Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 01-15-2023, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Where can I find info on his new assistants? It would be surprising the AIC would let him go after just a season unless the job was way over his head.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacketalum View Post
          Where can I find info on his new assistants? It would be surprising the AIC would let him go after just a season unless the job was way over his head.
          It’s strange that nothing was announced until a new coach was named. I’m not sure the circumstances are traditional (he was fired or he took another job). Maybe it’s a situation that AIC might not be allowed to discuss, which could include legal issues? There’s something off about the whole thing, but it looks like they found a good one in Conte.

Comment

Here’s the AIC coaches page, don’t know if they are all accurate but they do have Conte:

https://www.aicyellowjackets.com/spo.../coaches/index

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Here’s the AIC coaches page, don’t know if they are all accurate but they do have Conte:

https://www.aicyellowjackets.com/spo.../coaches/index
              That’s the old coaching staff. I don’t think Conte will keep that staff around.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

It looks like he is bringing in a few new assistants also. Question is, what happened to Kris Kulzer? Was he let go by AIC after one bad season? Did he accept a better coaching job somewhere? Last year, it was Bentley and now AIC. Talk about Bentley, I think they lost their OC and special team coach also.
                Bentley OC went to an XFL team - supposedly wasn't around practice last two weeks of the season. Just showed up to call plays on Sat. The Bentley Spec Teams coach was also the DL coach. He was fired - only holdover from Kavanaugh's staff.

Comment

Lol, I didn’t know they were looking for a new coach either. It was weird that Kulzer wasn’t there for the final game of the season. This was the right decision and may put some juice into the program that had taken a step back. Conte is a western mass native attending Springfield college which is right down the street from AIC. He’s an offensive guy who has experience at successful D2 schools. I’m excited for the hire. Let’s see if he could bring the best out of these kids.
                  The incident at Bentley [next to last game] must have played a part in this. That situation was ugly and a couple of AIC coaches were out of control. If Kutzer wasn't at the last game then he was probably already suspended awaiting a full decision.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCatcirca73 View Post

The incident at Bentley [next to last game] must have played a part in this. That situation was ugly and a couple of AIC coaches were out of control. If Kutzer wasn't at the last game then he was probably already suspended awaiting a full decision.
                    Are you talking about the game between Bentley vs AIC? What happened at the game? and why those AIC coaches were out of control? I mean what did they do? I can't see AIC terminates a head coach after only one bad season.

Comment

Originally posted by New Haven Chargers View Post

Are you talking about the game between Bentley vs AIC? What happened at the game? and why those AIC coaches were out of control? I mean what did they do? I can't see AIC terminates a head coach after only one bad season.

AIC at Bentley - Next to last week of the season. Game got really chippy towards the end - refs sort of lost control of things. Game ends - Bentley lines up for the hand-shake line. Bunch of AIC guys run out to midfield to stomp and throw crap on the Bentley logo. Fight breaks out - a couple of AIC coaches run on the field and start grabbing kids and throwing shots. Teams finally get separated but the AIC team refuses to leave the field. PA address speaker finally has to tell AIC to leave the field. Bentley Ath. Dept. was getting ready to call for campus and local police back-up. Meanwhile, Bentley players, parents and fans were just trying to get ready for their Senior Day ceremony!

Comment

AIC at Bentley - Next to last week of the season. Game got really chippy towards the end - refs sort of lost control of things. Game ends - Bentley lines up for the hand-shake line. Bunch of AIC guys run out to midfield to stomp and throw crap on the Bentley logo. Fight breaks out - a couple of AIC coaches run on the field and start grabbing kids and throwing shots. Teams finally get separated but the AIC team refuses to leave the field. PA address speaker finally has to tell AIC to leave the field. Bentley Ath. Dept. was getting ready to call for campus and local police back-up. Meanwhile, Bentley players, parents and fans were just trying to get ready for their Senior Day ceremony!

Oh dear, that was bad. I didn't realize all this was happening at the game. Almost the same happened during the New Haven and Bentley game towards the end of the game but nothing like the AIC game. The game officials had to separate both teams.

Comment

A follow up to football at Bentley. The Bentley web page now shows only 4 coaches on staff. The HC and 3 assistants.

Comment

A follow up to football at Bentley. The Bentley web page now shows only 4 coaches on staff. The HC and 3 assistants.
                            Yes and I noted that five assistants coaches are gone. Offensive Coordinator Ty Knott left December, 22, Def. Line/Special Teams Derek Getchell left Jan.23, Linebackers Rowan Baptiste Jr. left Jan, 23, Wide Receivers Conner Nye left Jan. 23 and Graduate Assistant Jack Scordato left Jan. 23. What is going at Bentley?

Comment

Yes and I noted that five assistants coaches are gone. Offensive Coordinator Ty Knott left December, 22, Def. Line/Special Teams Derek Getchell left Jan.23, Linebackers Rowan Baptiste Jr. left Jan, 23, Wide Receivers Conner Nye left Jan. 23 and Graduate Assistant Jack Scordato left Jan. 23. What is going at Bentley?
                              Very difficult goings on around Bentley football. Lot of people beginning to question the new AD'S commitment to the program

Don't know where those separation dates come from - but, the DL/Spec Teams coach was fired by the 1st week of December. The OCs departure was well known before the season ended.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X