Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigCatcirca73 View Post
    Very difficult goings on around Bentley football. Lot of people beginning to question the new AD'S commitment to the program

Don't know where those separation dates come from - but, the DL/Spec Teams coach was fired by the 1st week of December. The OCs departure was well known before the season ended.
    I think if you go to the Bentley rosters and full all the way down until you see all the coaches listed there and click on each coach's name then it will tell you the date when each coach left the program. I was really surprised to see this many coaches left Bentley specialty after Bentley lost to New Haven during the first round of NCAA playoffs last season. It makes me wonder if all this has anything to do with after the lost.

Comment

Very difficult goings on around Bentley football. Lot of people beginning to question the new AD'S commitment to the program

Don't know where those separation dates come from - but, the DL/Spec Teams coach was fired by the 1st week of December. The OCs departure was well known before the season ended.
      Have you heard if it was a disagreement with the AD or the head coach or both?

The assistants leaving is a real surprise. Reynolds had a decent team last year after Kavanaugh left and now it looks like it's imploding. Bentley is a solid athletic program as far as I can tell and this is a real mess. Maybe it was Kavanaugh holdovers looking for new jobs or something, but it sure looks messy.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Have you heard if it was a disagreement with the AD or the head coach or both?

The assistants leaving is a real surprise. Reynolds had a decent team last year after Kavanaugh left and now it looks like it's imploding. Bentley is a solid athletic program as far as I can tell and this is a real mess. Maybe it was Kavanaugh holdovers looking for new jobs or something, but it sure looks messy.
        DL/Spec Teams guy was the only holdover from Kavanaugh. The rest of Kavanaugh's coaches left when Reynolds was named the Interim HC.early in 2022

7 new coaches for the 2022 season. 5 or so new coaches for the 2023 season. That's not a good look for potential recruits.

Comment

AIC at Bentley - Next to last week of the season. Game got really chippy towards the end - refs sort of lost control of things. Game ends - Bentley lines up for the hand-shake line. Bunch of AIC guys run out to midfield to stomp and throw crap on the Bentley logo. Fight breaks out - a couple of AIC coaches run on the field and start grabbing kids and throwing shots. Teams finally get separated but the AIC team refuses to leave the field. PA address speaker finally has to tell AIC to leave the field. Bentley Ath. Dept. was getting ready to call for campus and local police back-up. Meanwhile, Bentley players, parents and fans were just trying to get ready for their Senior Day ceremony!

I don’t think it was that situation that got him fired or had him step down. It didn’t look that bad for him to get fired. If he did get fired it was most likely poor coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacketalum View Post
            I don’t think it was that situation that got him fired or had him step down. It didn’t look that bad for him to get fired. If he did get fired it was most likely poor coaching.
            I would like to think the same - but I gotta wonder why he wasn't on the sideline for the final game [as reported above]

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

Yes and I noted that five assistants coaches are gone. Offensive Coordinator Ty Knott left December, 22, Def. Line/Special Teams Derek Getchell left Jan.23, Linebackers Rowan Baptiste Jr. left Jan, 23, Wide Receivers Conner Nye left Jan. 23 and Graduate Assistant Jack Scordato left Jan. 23. What is going at Bentley?
              New out of Waltham - Bentley lost yet another coach. They are down to the HC and 2 assistants. Polish up your resumes guys, you can probably get hired right away if you show an interest

Comment

New out of Waltham - Bentley lost yet another coach. They are down to the HC and 2 assistants. Polish up your resumes guys, you can probably get hired right away if you show an interest
                What is going on at Bentley? Is it kinda late for looking for coaches now? Wonder what is in the mind of all the players? Wow.

Comment

Guess I should play some Madden with the kids.

Can't imagine this is helping recruiting.

Comment

I guess things are not getting any better in Waltham at all. A few players are in the transfer portal very recently including starting running back Nate Larkins and quarterback Charlie Ogletree. Somebody will grab Mr. Larkins quick.

Comment

I guess things are not getting any better in Waltham at all. A few players are in the transfer portal very recently including starting running back Nate Larkins and quarterback Charlie Ogletree. Somebody will grab Mr. Larkins quick.
                      Ogletree has been their punter for 3 yrs - very good. Larkins told a group of parents he wasn't returning to Bentley. [Immediately after the final game] He's an outstanding student, could likely go to grad school just about anywhere he wants to.

Comment

Wow Nate Larkins is in the portal? A very good running back for the Falcons and surprisingly he's not signing with anyone yet? New Haven, hello.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

Wow Nate Larkins is in the portal? A very good running back for the Falcons and surprisingly he's not signing with anyone yet? New Haven, hello.
                          Larkins is off the board as of 2/1:

https://ualbanysports.com/news/2023/...gning-day.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

Like cwfenn's comment, Larkins is off the table and I am sure Albany is pretty happy and so is Mr. Larkins. As far as New Haven is concerned, they already have the best running back in the conference in Christopher Ais plus Hunter Cobb is also a very good running back and not to mention Jake Conlon also returns.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X