Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaches poll for the 2023-2024 football season.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches poll for the 2023-2024 football season.

https://www.northeast10.org/sports/f...20230810hu1hdk

Very interesting that these coaches have Franklin Pierce is ahead of American International. What is wrong with AIC?

New Haven plays Bentley twice (yes, they’ve had huge turnover in coaching, but they’re going to be competitive) and Assumption has a winning record overall against them. It won’t be easy, especially with a new QB coming in (whoever he is).

AIC has had lots of problems the last few years. The coach was dismissed under weird circumstances and they haven’t done much the last decade. Yellowjacketalum can say more about it (and he can correct me if I’m inaccurate).

Comment

Originally posted by New Haven Chargers View Post

Very interesting that these coaches have Franklin Pierce is ahead of American International. What is wrong with AIC?
      If those coaches were using last season records to predict the preseason standing, then Assumption should be ahead of New Haven and ofcourse Franklin Pierce should be ahead of AIC.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
        New Haven plays Bentley twice (yes, they’ve had huge turnover in coaching, but they’re going to be competitive) and Assumption has a winning record overall against them. It won’t be easy, especially with a new QB coming in (whoever he is).

AIC has had lots of problems the last few years. The coach was dismissed under weird circumstances and they haven’t done much the last decade. Yellowjacketalum can say more about it (and he can correct me if I’m inaccurate).
        I am hoping Jack Chandler will start at Quarterback this year. New Haven should be very competitive this year and there are four reasons, which I believe will help the Chargers. One, a very experienced roster. Two, a good recruiting class. Three, another year with great transfers and four, with six home games don't hurt, and the Chargers are playing extremely well when the are on the blue. As far as Assumption is concerned, the Chargers still have a winning records against the Hounds when they are at home, so it will be a good game this year at Dellacamera stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

I am hoping Jack Chandler will start at Quarterback this year. New Haven should be very competitive this year and there are four reasons, which I believe will help the Chargers. One, a very experienced roster. Two, a good recruiting class. Three, another year with great transfers and four, with six home games don't hurt, and the Chargers are playing extremely well when the are on the blue. As far as Assumption is concerned, the Chargers still have a winning records against the Hounds when they are at home, so it will be a good game this year at Dellacamera stadium.
          Chandler had a good Spring game, so that does give him a leg up on things. Roster is kind of strange with I think 3 D1 transfers at QB, including the UCLA guy. As long as the guy they settle on is good, that’s all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Chandler had a good Spring game, so that does give him a leg up on things. Roster is kind of strange with I think 3 D1 transfers at QB, including the UCLA guy. As long as the guy they settle on is good, that’s all that matters.
            Chandler definitely has a great chance at QB and the transfer guy from Stony Brook, Zamot has shown a great addition to the position also. I am going with Chandler however. Don't know much or hear any thing about the UCLA guy thou.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH Chargers View Post

If those coaches were using last season records to predict the preseason standing, then Assumption should be ahead of New Haven and ofcourse Franklin Pierce should be ahead of AIC.
              I am just guessing that the reason New Haven is currently on top of the poll is they are playing Assumption at home.

Comment

AIC is an unknown right now. New coach, there were some kids that transferred, etc. I won't be surprised if they finished 7th or last this year. Maybe this coach can pull something out of these kids that Kulzer couldn't. We will see. Season opens at Central Connecticut in two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

Chandler definitely has a great chance at QB and the transfer guy from Stony Brook, Zamot has shown a great addition to the position also. I am going with Chandler however. Don't know much or hear any thing about the UCLA guy thou.
                  Pincince has done some odd things with QB’s when he isn’t sure who to start (playing two QB’s against Slippery Rock comes to mind), but he’s always ended up picking the right guy.

Comment

According to Chris Pincince, he doesn't know who will be the srarting QB yet and there are 5 QBs on the current roster. Obcourse Pincince, as usual, won't let onyone know who is starting QB will be until the first game of the season or even further into the season.

Comment

According to Chris Pincince, he doesn't know who will be the srarting QB yet and there are 5 QBs on the current roster. Obcourse Pincince, as usual, won't let onyone know who is starting QB will be until the first game of the season or even further into the season.
                      Worst case they are 3-deep at RB so they could run it a bunch if they have to. Pincince likes the running game anyway so it’s no big stretch.

Comment

Well, well, well, it looks like New Haven has better QBs than I thought they have. So far I know they have Jack Chandler and UCLA transfer Parker McQuarrie, but there are two other transfers I just found out, Merrimack college transfer Francis Esquivel and Boston college tranfer Daelen Menard are in the mix for the starting at QB. Zamot from Stoney Brook had moved to WR. Things are getting pretty interesting.

https://newhavenchargers.com/news/20...ough-camp.aspx

Comment

Well, well, well, it looks like New Haven has better QBs than I thought they have. So far I know they have Jack Chandler and UCLA transfer Parker McQuarrie, but there are two other transfers I just found out, Merrimack college transfer Francis Esquivel and Boston college tranfer Daelen Menard are in the mix for the starting at QB. Zamot from Stoney Brook had moved to WR. Things are getting pretty interesting.

https://newhavenchargers.com/news/20...ough-camp.aspx
                          So that leaves 4 QBs are fighting for the starting QB instead of 5. On the side note, the father of Boston College transfer Dealen Menard is a former New Haven football player.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacketalum View Post

AIC is an unknown right now. New coach, there were some kids that transferred, etc. I won't be surprised if they finished 7th or last this year. Maybe this coach can pull something out of these kids that Kulzer couldn't. We will see. Season opens at Central Connecticut in two weeks.
                            Fromer AIC kicker had transfered to New Haven and Just about all of last year coaches were gone. Just like the situation at Benley, AIC coaching staff has a new fresh look from head-coach and many assistant coaches. A very interesting year in the NE10. Talking about the NE10, we still don't have a bloger for this forum, so who has the ability, raise your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

So that leaves 4 QBs are fighting for the starting QB instead of 5. On the side note, the father of Boston College transfer Dealen Menard is a former New Haven football player.
                              Interesting, didn’t know that about Menard. Turns out his dad was on the 1997 team. I probably walked by him on campus. I knew about Joe Davis’ son transferring from UMass.
                              Last edited by cwfenn; 08-21-2023, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X