• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assumption wins 31-20

Comment

BENTLEY up 19-0
      43 yd FG by Campbell
      Safety on the ensuing kickoff.
      WC kick returner catches the ball in the end zone. Steps out of the end zone then steps back in the end zone and takes a knee.

Comment

For the second straight year West Chester edges Bentley by one point.

Comment

Bentley takes a bad loss. 3rd time in the last 4 games vs West Chester that Bentley blew games they should have won.

Comment

I do feel bad for the SCSU Owls’ players, families and fans. They should have left that game with a Win. It kind of felt like the billiards game 9-ball … SCSU does most of the work, Shepherd just comes in at the end, sinks the 9 ball and wins the game.

Last year the Owls looked inept during the 7-48 loss to open the season against the Rams. I’m sure most Shepherd fans figured it would be an easier path to victory than it was. Sadly, I’m afraid, the Shepherd players assumed the same.

Today, Shepherd players learned respect is earned, not given. No respect, additional points, or automatic wins are given for reputation and past performance.

A team like Shepherd should be able to replace talent with talent. Today tells me the Owls are making progress. I do hope any fans on here who travelled enjoyed safe travels to and from, and hopefully you enjoyed the atmosphere at Ram Stadium (minus the outcome).

Comment

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post
              I do feel bad for the SCSU Owls’ players, families and fans. They should have left that game with a Win. It kind of felt like the billiards game 9-ball … SCSU does most of the work, Shepherd just comes in at the end, sinks the 9 ball and wins the game.

Last year the Owls looked inept during the 7-48 loss to open the season against the Rams. I’m sure most Shepherd fans figured it would be an easier path to victory than it was. Sadly, I’m afraid, the Shepherd players assumed the same.

Today, Shepherd players learned respect is earned, not given. No respect, additional points, or automatic wins are given for reputation and past performance.

A team like Shepherd should be able to replace talent with talent. Today tells me the Owls are making progress. I do hope any fans on here who travelled enjoyed safe travels to and from, and hopefully you enjoyed the atmosphere at Ram Stadium (minus the outcome).
              Definitely, SCSU had their best game in a couple years but came up a couple plays short.

Comment

Halftime here in New Britain. Central Conn. 30 AIC 0. AIC struggling to get a pass game going. Run game isn’t that great as well.

Comment

AIC lose. 45-0. At least they were fighting till the end. Was hoping for the game to be somewhat competitive but that’s asking for too much right now with this team. This will be a running team. At least the offense has an identity. Nothing else to report. Just need to keep building and get better.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X