Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Connecticut vs New Haven

It's game day, let's go!

2009 was New Haven's last loss in this series, 13 straight wins. 24-3 since the first New Haven win in 1985 and 27-6-1 overall.

3 cycles of NH students don't know a loss to Southern.

Well, this old geezer was at the 1998 game (the last loss before 2009) and I sure hope the fans there don't get complacent, especially this year. The 1998 game was very much like NH's games this season - too close for our own good, not much offense, with bad errors costing NH big in a 14-10 loss.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
      2009 was New Haven's last loss in this series, 13 straight wins. 24-3 since the first New Haven win in 1985 and 27-6-1 overall.

3 cycles of NH students don't know a loss to Southern.

Well, this old geezer was at the 1998 game (the last loss before 2009) and I sure hope the fans there don't get complacent, especially this year. The 1998 game was very much like NH's games this season - too close for our own good, not much offense, with bad errors costing NH big in a 14-10 loss.
      I was at this game and it was bad, as a matter of fact, it was one of the worst seasons of New Haven football. I am worrying about this game now. However, there's hope.

Comment

7-0 SCSU. Menard put the ball on the ground at the NH 34 and SCSU took it to score.

Almost through one quarter.

Comment

Just got back from the game and it was really nice to see many alums on campus today and it was not even homecoming yet. Second, I am glad that finally get to meet New Haven Chargers, a member on this board. Now to the game, that first half was scary with lots of penalties, stupid ones, and more drop balls and the offense looked bad. The second half was great and it finally looks like New Haven football. I am glad Menard shown some light and really stepped up and made plays that helped move the offense. Defensively, The Chargers shut down the Owls and created turnovers, specially with a pick 6 to seal the victory and most importantly, keeps the Elm City trophy where it belongs. Congrats Chargers for a great win.

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
            Just got back from the game and it was really nice to see many alums on campus today and it was not even homecoming yet. Second, I am glad that finally get to meet New Haven Chargers, a member on this board. Now to the game, that first half was scary with lots of penalties, stupid ones, and more drop balls and the offense looked bad. The second half was great and it finally looks like New Haven football. I am glad Menard shown some light and really stepped up and made plays that helped move the offense. Defensively, The Chargers shut down the Owls and created turnovers, specially with a pick 6 to seal the victory and most importantly, keeps the Elm City trophy where it belongs. Congrats Chargers for a great win.
            Yes it was to meet you finally. The second half was definitely saved the game for UNH and hopefully, Menard will have more confidence and step-up. On to Franklin Pierre.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X