Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalU 2018

Believe it or not I believe that Cal is in an interesting crossroads where they had veterans with substantial drop offs last year in key positions. This team is extremely young but I think overall they are more athletic than last years team. Brian Alsobrooks will have the best arm talent IMO in the west if he can put the mental with the physical game. WR corps is where the Vulcans have the most experience on offense returning and should be very solid for them. Defensively I think if Asheed page and Breon coke can be what they need as far as LBers on the edge pass rushing would be the most important thing as far as make or break for this defense. Inside Backers are gonna be replaced by Brendan Blair undersized but saavy and sneaky physical. The transfer from Albany I assume is the one replacing Hrapchak. DBs are young group but we should be expecting lamont mchphatter the best DB in the PSAC to lead that young group to catch up to speed hopefully faster than last years corps who was torched regularly. The defensive line is a toss up. Young but waaay more beef in there. Overall the defense is overall more athletic IMO but without experience and mental toughness that only means so much so we shall see. Overall the two players that will be toughest to replace will be the consistent play we received from Tarver and Hrapchak week in and week out those two guys made play after play in clutch situations to win games for us. Hurts to say but Cal was very close to being possibly 3-9 instead of 9-3 and a playoff team. but that's why you play the game.

Re: CalU 2018

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    Believe it or not I believe that Cal is in an interesting crossroads where they had veterans with substantial drop offs last year in key positions. This team is extremely young but I think overall they are more athletic than last years team. Brian Alsobrooks will have the best arm talent IMO in the west if he can put the mental with the physical game. WR corps is where the Vulcans have the most experience on offense returning and should be very solid for them. Defensively I think if Asheed page and Breon coke can be what they need as far as LBers on the edge pass rushing would be the most important thing as far as make or break for this defense. Inside Backers are gonna be replaced by Brendan Blair undersized but saavy and sneaky physical. The transfer from Albany I assume is the one replacing Hrapchak. DBs are young group but we should be expecting lamont mchphatter the best DB in the PSAC to lead that young group to catch up to speed hopefully faster than last years corps who was torched regularly. The defensive line is a toss up. Young but waaay more beef in there. Overall the defense is overall more athletic IMO but without experience and mental toughness that only means so much so we shall see. Overall the two players that will be toughest to replace will be the consistent play we received from Tarver and Hrapchak week in and week out those two guys made play after play in clutch situations to win games for us. Hurts to say but Cal was very close to being possibly 3-9 instead of 9-3 and a playoff team. but that's why you play the game.
    Best arm in PSAC, put that soup on simmer, guy never played a down of meaningful football. If I am Cal I am scared to death knowing the trigger is nowhere near what we have had for the last 10 seasons. Frankly not impressed with Cal offense, do not see the customary playmakers of yesteryear.....just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
      Best arm in PSAC, put that soup on simmer, guy never played a down of meaningful football. If I am Cal I am scared to death knowing the trigger is nowhere near what we have had for the last 10 seasons. Frankly not impressed with Cal offense, do not see the customary playmakers of yesteryear.....just sayin
      You heard it from me first he has some very good arm talent

Comment

So did Ryan Leaf.

Comment

Comment

Crossroads because 1. Coach Dunn is much different than Armenti and Kellar 2. The emphasis to be successful from the brass is not as prominent with President Jones

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
              Crossroads because 1. Coach Dunn is much different than Armenti and Kellar 2. The emphasis to be successful from the brass is not as prominent with President Jones

Comment

Last year the gloom and doom of CAL was all around. They weren't dominant like in 2016, but they found ways to win. That's what matters and it builds character to anyone who is returning. Yes, the QB spot is the biggest question on the team. They have decent backfield, especially with the transfer, this will take some pressure off of the QB. I nice WR transferred in too,which now puts 4 decent (not great) receivers in the mix.

Personally, I feel games are won and lost in the trenches. This is where my eyes turn to on this team...what is the feedback here?

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X