Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Rock at LIU Post

I'm still kind of surprised we made the playoffs. I thought the guys were destined to sit through the Lutz version of Mihalik's notorious we-didn't-make-the-playoffs-every-single-person-in-this-room-has-to-be-better speech that I heard every November for 4 years haha.

I'm glad the current players were spared that experience this season.

Regardless, it's time to break out those spiked shoulder pads and hit the road for the rest of the season. Am I glad we're in? Yes. Am I just happy to be in the playoffs and will be OK with another beatdown reminiscent of last week? No. I think this team has the talent to make some noise. We'll see if they're mentally strong enough to forget last week and be ready to go up on Long Island. I'd like to see us come out fast for once. We've gotten behind in the first quarter too much this season. Against good teams, those starts (like last week) can be deadly.

I don't know anything about Post other than the fact that they are an undefeated conference champion. How does everybody see this one going?

Re: Slippery Rock at LIU Post

Rock adbandoned the run way too fast last week. They tried to make Rivers in to 2005 Peyton Manning and go bombs away all day. That's not his game. Get Hills going. Once he starts ... it gets real old tackling him by the third quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Rock adbandoned the run way too fast last week. They tried to make Rivers in to 2005 Peyton Manning and go bombs away all day. That's not his game. Get Hills going. Once he starts ... it gets real old tackling him by the third quarter.
      We had the exact thoughts. Pretty early in the game, I asked one of the guys in our group WTH was with our play calling. His reply: 'we're in panic mode'

Not a good mode this time of year.

Comment

Hills is the key to that offense moving and rolling. Feed him early and often and stick to the run 65%, throw 35% and that's the golden recipe for success for this team winning games. It's a reason he was all CAA at Delaware the guy is a monster with the ball when given the carries.

Comment

Throwing deep balls with or against that wind was not good decision making. Also please get rid of the jump pass over the middle to Hills; has not been intercepted yet; but just waiting to happen.

do like Post and run shovel passes to RB.

Rivers also needs to be more decisive, granted he did not have the best protection Sat. but a couple of sacks was he just held the ball to long. He got some big yards in 3rd quarter when he just tucked it and ran from the pocket.

Comment

Series 2-1 Post

Rock road playoff record. 0-5

Post record in last year as a PSAC member 3-7

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
              Series 2-1 Post

How are any of the three relevant to this game?

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                Series 2-1 Post

That road playoff record is rather disconcerting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                  Very!

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post

I wouldn't worry much about it. Your last road playoff loss was three years ago. Most of those players are long gone.

There's no great home-field advantage at, I'd say, 98 percent of venues in D2.

The playoffs also start heading in to Thanksgiving break for a ton of schools. Students will be gone. Campuses are empty. If you make it to next week ... then it is REALLY empty on campus. You'll be playing in front of parents and townies. A lot of teams actually focus better on the road. Far less distractions -- no women, no friends, no women, etc. Did I mention no women?

Comment

I wouldn't worry much about it. Your last road playoff loss was three years ago. Most of those players are long gone.

The playoffs also start heading in to Thanksgiving break for a ton of schools. Students will be gone. Campuses are empty. If you make it to next week ... then it is REALLY empty on campus. You'll be playing in front of parents and townies. A lot of teams actually focus better on the road. Far less distractions -- no women, no friends, no women, etc. Did I mention no women?
                      Yeah but an 8 hour bus ride to sleep in an unfamiliar bed; with little fan support.

ROCK's new President is doing a cool thing by hosting a watch party for the students and public Saturday.

Comment

Yup, agreed. I thought we had one and also thought the weather would bother West Chester. Wrong.

Comment

If anyone is coming to Long Island for the game, the weather is expected to be partly cloudy and windy with temps in the 40s. Try to get to the stadium early because the visitor's grandstand was torn down a month ago to make way for construction of a new grandstand going into next season, so all spectators have to sit on the home side. It might get a bit crowded. Above all, have a safe trip.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP '68 View Post
                            If anyone is coming to Long Island for the game, the weather is expected to be partly cloudy and windy with temps in the 40s. Try to get to the stadium early because the visitor's grandstand was torn down a month ago to make way for construction of a new grandstand going into next season, so all spectators have to sit on the home side. It might get a bit crowded. Above all, have a safe trip.
                            Hopefully a newer press box too??? :)

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                              Hopefully a newer press box too??? :)
                              https://goo.gl/images/dQU8C3

This is the current stadium and it looks like they are building the same thing on the other side, only smaller

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X