Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: West Chester/New Haven post-game question

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Did the WCU faithful see a PSAC Championship Game hangover as Coach Zwann eluded to in the posted article?
    I didn't see any of the game, but that wouldn't surprise me after seeing their celebration the week before. And that isn't a knock on those guys. They should have been excited after winning the State Game. But you have to be able to turn the page this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
      The Div II playoffs in the first rounds are for the most part "a pig in a poke". Whenever you have to play teams from out of your conference, which is almost always the case in the Div II playoffs, you never know what you are going to get. The Strength of Schedule comes into play, unfamiliarity with the opposition (New Haven), loss of a key player to injury during the game (Long) and before the game (Dooley)--once again, one never knows what you are going to get. One thing is sure! New Haven picked up on something on WCU's pass defense especially "underneath", as several catches on shorter plays went for log running gains after the receptions. I will remind you that this WCU team had difficulty beating a 6--5 Bloomsburg team, the win over Kutztown (38--21) was a bit deceiving but admittedly decisive, and their PSAC crossover schedule was soft. Nonetheless, the loss of Long in the 4th quarter proved to be coup de grais! Very disappointing even for a Bloomsburg Huskies fan like me, but who was rooting for the Golden Rams to move on.
      How so?

Comment

Dooley's past leads anyone to wonder if it is truly an "accident" or just another incident.

Give credit to New Haven for exposing the weakness of the secondary. Short quick throws to start the game and as their OL got comfortable, he was able to convert on longer throws.
        I was surprised that New Haven had so much success running between the tackles.

Was it a hangover or did New Haven just capitalize better on their opportunities vs WCU than last week vs Post?
        New Haven 2-5 in Red Zone vs POST (both FG's) and vs WCU 4-4 all 4 TD's

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X