Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Unsolved

Many of you from Western PA probably remember the 1985 abduction of then 8-year-old Cherrie Mahan. It happened in Cabot (near Butler) moments after she got off her school bus. It's hard to believe but three days ago marked 35 years since her disappearance. The case is still unsolved. There are tons of theories, etc., and even still today many tips.

Anyway ... certainly off-topic for this board but being a similar age and having grown up around here ... this story still hits home.

I grew up in South Central Pa and remember this story. My sister was about the same age at the time so the "stranger-danger" thing was really emphasized

Comment

Yeah, I certainly remember this case. I was a junior volunteer firefighter in 1985 and I recall that we had a large poster up in the fire hall documenting the case. I still recall her picture and that it was a van with a picture of an alpine skier painted on its side that was responsible for her abduction. It is a strange case. Could she still be alive? Look what happened in the Jaycee Dugard case. You never know. I don't recall there being any other abductions like that in the area at that time. So it was likely not a case of a serial killer. Or maybe it was one who roved around and moved on. Ted Bundy was like that.

A very sad story to be sure.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X