Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Today is the big day. Will the Tiger King roam free?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    We are inching up on a big date to remember in the annals of IUP Football history here. Of course I am referencing the ten-year anniversary of the hiring of Curt Cignetti as head coach. I believe that it was formally announced on January 21, 2011 but word had broke on this forum the night before. That was certainly a very big deal for those who follow the program. He really did deliver the goods as he revitalized IUP football and gave the fans a large measure of hope, faith, and something to believe in. It was a very exciting time and it worked out quite well.
    I'd say it worked very well for all those involved. IUP regained its footing as the program to beat. Curt proved that he could be a head coach. Dad's legacy wasn't eraced.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    We are inching up on a big date to remember in the annals of IUP Football history here. Of course I am referencing the ten-year anniversary of the hiring of Curt Cignetti as head coach. I believe that it was formally announced on January 21, 2011 but word had broke on this forum the night before. That was certainly a very big deal for those who follow the program. He really did deliver the goods as he revitalized IUP football and gave the fans a large measure of hope, faith, and something to believe in. It was a very exciting time and it worked out quite well.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

It's about time for a "Napoleon" system HAHA
    As in a Bo Napoleon? You cold-hearted Scot, you!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It will be an interesting Spring at IUP. There's still a QB battle taking place.

I just really hope whomever doesn't win the starting job doesn't leave. Javon Davis and Alex Ramart would probably both do really well but obviously there's only one starter. They are different style QBs -- Davis is a ripped 5'11" and 185 lbs. Super athlete. Ramart is more pocket passer with a rocket arm at 6'3" and 215 lbs.

Hate to say it as I'm not a fan of it but they are so different it could be possible both could play. Davis would likely run more of a "Lenny" offense while Ramart would be more a "Maxwell" system. The typical expression is having two QBs means you don't have one ... but that's not the case here. Tort has two.

Davis has three years left. Ramart has two.

Unfortunately what typically happens is one leaves after Spring Ball.

I'm interested to see what transfers appear. I would guess a WR, OL and few on the defensive side. There's a rumor floating of a D1 DL coming in as a grad transfer. Former teammate of a current player. Huge addition if they can sign him.
    It's about time for a "Napoleon" system HAHA

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Crazy that 6-2 is now considered not tall enough.

It will be an interesting Spring at IUP. There's still a QB battle taking place.

I just really hope whomever doesn't win the starting job doesn't leave. Javon Davis and Alex Ramart would probably both do really well but obviously there's only one starter. They are different style QBs -- Davis is a ripped 5'11" and 185 lbs. Super athlete. Ramart is more pocket passer with a rocket arm at 6'3" and 215 lbs.

Hate to say it as I'm not a fan of it but they are so different it could be possible both could play. Davis would likely run more of a "Lenny" offense while Ramart would be more a "Maxwell" system. The typical expression is having two QBs means you don't have one ... but that's not the case here. Tort has two.

Davis has three years left. Ramart has two.

Unfortunately what typically happens is one leaves after Spring Ball.

I'm interested to see what transfers appear. I would guess a WR, OL and few on the defensive side. There's a rumor floating of a D1 DL coming in as a grad transfer. Former teammate of a current player. Huge addition if they can sign him.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied

I'm surprised he didn't garnish FCS offers. It's plenty of 6-0 QB's at the FCS level.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

He'll either double down on saying he's a "division 1 athlete" or he'll realize he's a big fish in an empty pond and transfer. He had a long list of suitors to choose from.
    I certainly realize SFU has some shortcomings in some people's eyes but I think some assumptions are being made about why athletes would go there. Maybe he liked the school. Maybe he thought their program was a good fit. Know what I'm sayin'?

I don't know - do they get a lot of players who transfer out? Is it worse than other schools? Is it worse than PSAC schools?

I know it seems crazy for a college-aged person to spend all that time in Loretto but I think they have decent retention. .

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Final days of the recruiting battle for Warwick QB Joey McCraken. Looks like it's down to IUP, Shippensburg, Kutztown and West Chester.

He visited IUP this past weekend.

6'2", 190 lbs

2x 5A 1st Team All-State

If he was 6"4" instead of 6'2" ... we'd have no shot at him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Final days of the recruiting battle for Warwick QB Joey McCraken. Looks like it's down to IUP, Shippensburg, Kutztown and West Chester.

He visited IUP this past weekend.

6'2", 190 lbs

2x 5A 1st Team All-State

If he was 6"4" instead of 6'2" ... we'd have no shot at him.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

You forgot to insert the laugh track here. St. Francis a D-I school. I'm having a hearty Snoopy laugh over that one.
    He'll either double down on saying he's a "division 1 athlete" or he'll realize he's a big fish in an empty pond and transfer. He had a long list of suitors to choose from.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has offered Vinny Sirianni (Peters Twp.).

DB/RB/LB in high school.
    Vinny Sirianni is a Crimson Hawk. He went Twitter official this evening.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Scratch WR Judah Tomb off the list. He got one D1 offer and he took it. He's heading to Saint Francis.

Luckily that's close to Indiana. After a year in Loretto (reference The Shining) he may want to come to the 'big city' of Indiana.
    You forgot to insert the laugh track here. St. Francis a D-I school. I'm having a hearty Snoopy laugh over that one.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has offered WR/DB Isaiah Houser (Shippensburg High). Not sure if he's related to current IUP RB Adam Houser.

He visited this past weekend.

IUP is also interested in South Fayette QB. No offer yet, however. Good size at 6'5", 200 lbs. Big arm ... little raw.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Scratch WR Judah Tomb off the list. He got one D1 offer and he took it. He's heading to Saint Francis.

Luckily that's close to Indiana. After a year in Loretto (reference The Shining) he may want to come to the 'big city' of Indiana.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X