• Show
Clear All

• John Kuhn retires from NFL

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...12-nfl-seasons

Re: John Kuhn retires from NFL

Great career

Comment

Great player and even better person. Wish him the best in his retirement years. I wonder if he goes into coaching if he moves back home would love to see him come back to Ship and coach up the RBs. I think another former Ship great will be hanging up his cleats as well this spring unless the Eagles or Rams offer him a good deal, Brent Grimes may have laced the cleats up for the last time.

Comment

KUHN and GRIMES definitely two of the best the PSAC has produced.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          KUHN and GRIMES definitely two of the best the PSAC has produced.
          Absolutely! Always been two of my favorites to keep track of over the years!

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
            Great player and even better person. Wish him the best in his retirement years. I wonder if he goes into coaching if he moves back home would love to see him come back to Ship and coach up the RBs. I think another former Ship great will be hanging up his cleats as well this spring unless the Eagles or Rams offer him a good deal, Brent Grimes may have laced the cleats up for the last time.
            IIRC---wasn't he kind of smart and something like a chemistry major or something. Maybe he goes into that sort of thing. He did have a great NFL career. Job well done!

-

Comment

Kuhn had a great career in the NFL. 12 seasons! Wow!

Of course this thread wouldn't be complete without some reference to Oct. 2 2004 when #9 Shippensburg, led by John Kuhn, rolled into Indiana, PA looking to break the curse of that long losing streak. IUP whitewashed the Red Raiders 17-0. Kuhn was held to 85 yds. on 20 carries that day. On the other side, Chris Morgan ran wild for 177 yards. Pretty sure I was at that game but my memory is starting to fade. Link to the Box Score below.

https://static.shipraiders.com/custo...L/fb04gm06.htm

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Of course this thread wouldn't be complete without some reference to Oct. 2 2004 when #9 Shippensburg, led by John Kuhn, rolled into Indiana, PA looking to break the curse of that long losing streak. IUP whitewashed the Red Raiders 17-0. Kuhn was held to 85 yds. on 20 carries that day. On the other side, Chris Morgan ran wild for 177 yards. Pretty sure I was at that game but my memory is starting to fade. Link to the Box Score below.

Yup. I was there. Hard to believe that will be 15 years ago this fall. Complete IUP dominance that Homecoming afternoon. I honestly thought Kuhn was a pretender after the way he was shut down by the IUP defense. Okay, 85 yards not bad but he did not seem to be as advertised. But what a great NFL career he and Grimes had. Ship has a lot to be proud of with those two!

One thing that I oddly remember about that day was getting home and seeing that the local edition had the IUP basketball previews written up. That was like REALLY early for them. I guess those were the days that I practically lived at the Stadium and Field House. Now days I'm too tired and achy to even get out much. But good memories.

-

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That Thursday I remember us having a prep rally and burn the curse and end the streak rally only to see us get killed at Indiana lol. That offense was outdated and IUP always had our number, I guess this past season was our payback for all the years of frustration of losing to IUP including the 2005 game where we gave up a lead late in the 4th quarter at home.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X