Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: The O.J. Murders Turn 25 Today

Quite the infamous silver anniversary of a double homicide today that most observers believe that football legend O.J. Simpson was guilty of committing. It was an incredible circus that likely none of us who lived through those times will ever forget. Nicole and Ron dead. The white Bronco freeway chase. A.C. Cowlings. Robert Kardashian. Marcia Clark. Christopher Darden. Lance Ito. Johnnie Cochran. Mark Fuhrman. Ron Shipp. Those gloves. If it does not fit, you must acquit. And finally, the shocking acquittal.

Really crazy stuff! Money talked and The Juice walked!

-

Re: OT: The O.J. Murders Turn 25 Today

I was on bus for an educational trip in Wyoming when I first heard about the murder. Later I was watching the slow speed pursuit on TV. Hard to believe that he was found not guilty. I suppose that OJ spends his time trying to find the killer. He must not have any mirrors in his house.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      I was on bus for an educational trip in Wyoming when I first heard about the murder. Later I was watching the slow speed pursuit on TV. Hard to believe that he was found not guilty. I suppose that OJ spends his time trying to find the killer. He must not have any mirrors in his house.
      :laugh:

To me there is no question that he did it. The whole thing was really shocking to say the least. All-American RB at USC who won the coveted Heisman Trophy. The stellar pro career with the Buffalo Bills. Running for over 2,000 yards in the snow in Shea Stadium in '73. Pro Football Hall of Fame. The acting career. The spokesman. The football broadcaster. The big house Rockingham in Brentwood. Playing golf with the President of the United States just months before the murders. He was the embodiment of true success in America. Whether you be white or black or any other race.

More people watched the freeway chase on the evening of June 17 than watched the Super Bowl that year. That's incredible. Very surreal episode of history. Just nuts!

-

Comment

Did he? You sure?

Follow the evidence. You might be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Did he? You sure?

Follow the evidence. You might be surprised.
          I was just reading about the evidence presented. Sounds pretty conclusive to me. But I guess you never know I suppose.

But the thing is that there is blood/DNA evidence against him. Pretty damning. The bloody glove. The Bruno Magli shoes. The hairs. Hard to overlook all of that if I'm an investigator.

The guy was a horribly abusive husband/ex-husband. That is pretty well established.

The angle presented on the one show I watched on Jason Simpson was interesting. But I'm not really buying it.

-

Comment

Ron Goldman was a 6'4", third degree black belt. His knuckles were heavily bruised. He fought. OJ had no bodily injuries.

Two sets of foot prints left the scene. Never explained.

Blood in the bronco wasn't 'discovered' until 3 weeks later.

Head investigators admitted taking OJ blood back to Rockingham ... the veil was short

Furman had to take the 5th if he planted evidence

On and on ...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Ron Goldman was a 6'4", third degree black belt. His knuckles were heavily bruised. He fought. OJ had no bodily injuries.

Two sets of foot prints left the scene. Never explained.

Blood in the bronco wasn't 'discovered' until 3 weeks later.

Head investigators admitted taking OJ blood back to Rockingham ... the veil was short

Furman had to take the 5th if he planted evidence

On and on ...
              I don't believe Goldman was 6-4. But at least 6 or 6-1 I believe. And I do concur. Very fit and young man who had karate training. That does trouble me that OJ had no marks or bruising from the battle with Goldman. One would tend to think that the assailant must have taken a bit of a beating and had a toll exacted on them from their death struggle with him.

But let's not forget that OJ was a very big man as well and not to mention a world class athlete of the first order. How would most of us fare fighting a pro athlete or even a good IUP athlete? Probably not very well. Okay, OJ was older but not so old that he could not handle himself. He was no doubt very powerful and quick even at the verge of being 47.

If not OJ, who do you think would have done the deed?

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                I don't believe Goldman was 6-4. But at least 6 or 6-1 I believe. And I do concur. Very fit and young man who had karate training. That does trouble me that OJ had no marks or bruising from the battle with Goldman. One would tend to think that the assailant must have taken a bit of a beating and had a toll exacted on them from their death struggle with him.

But let's not forget that OJ was a very big man as well and not to mention a world class athlete of the first order. How would most of us fare fighting a pro athlete or even a good IUP athlete? Probably not very well. Okay, OJ was older but not so old that he could not handle himself. He was no doubt very powerful and quick even at the verge of being 47.

If not OJ, who do you think would have done the deed?

-
                Try 5'9. I just looked it up. As far as a "black belt"- it might depend on your definition, but probably not.

https://www.quora.com/How-was-Ronald...n-a-black-belt

Comment

5-9 and 170 if the show I just watched the other night on Reelz is correct.

The size 12's of the Italian shoe that was printed in blood....OJ owned and was a size 12. That was the shoe they couldn't prove he owned during the murder trial but by the time of the civil suit they had pics of him wearing them in Buffalo. Supposedly, they sold 299 size 12's in the US.

Furman was taking the 5th to everything to cover lying about never saying the N word in earlier testimony. When it was clear he was taking the 5th to everything I think Johnny Cochran asked him one last question...."if he ever planted evidence" knowing he was gonna look bad pleading the 5th to that.

Google what OJ says in "if I did it"

Comment

I was on the fence about his guilt until I watched O.J.: Made in America on ESPN, and heard this from Peter Hyams, a close friend of O.J.'s:

"What would Mark Fuhrman have had to know before he planted the glove? He would have had to know that [O.J.] had no alibi. He was in no woman's bed, he was in no restaurant, he was on no airplane. So how could Mark Fuhrman place that glove if he didn't know that?"

If another person could have vouched for Simpson's whereabouts, giving him a solid alibi, Fuhrman would have been exposing himself to a felony charge for planting evidence.
                    http://www.indianagazette.com
                    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X