Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
    Offense was clicking tonite with 642 yards and 55 points.

Kinda interesting that this team that most think of as pass happy is running the ball 57.5% of the time and passing it 42.5. Three of our last 4 games we've run the ball for over 300 yards.

All that's good but the thing I'm most proud of in this Florida Tech game is our defense and defensive staff. FIT was matching us score for score early. I watched DC Lee Stalker and his staff make adjustments and basically shut the Panthers down 1/3 of the way through the second quarter. In fact the only score they had from 10 minutes left in the second quarter came in the 4th quarter off excellent field position from a poor punt by us. Those defensive coaches coached their tails off tonite.
    Yes, indeedy!! That was awesome!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Lindsey View Post
      What happened to the goal post?
      It was tired.....

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

All I know is Jackets took it to the Canes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        About time!
        Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Ivory didn't have a good game, he only comes in to run the ball and teams see this on film and he was used to pass more last year and the kid can definitely sling it he's more than just a runner and he proved that alot last year where he tossed several touchdowns, especially the deep ball and he made the most difficult pass in the championship game. Just think his gift not used properly this year and don't want the kid to transfer because he have the tools to be a starting quarterback on the Division 2 level. I had a fan sitting behind me last night stating the same thing, why he only used to run when he can pass it also. I immediately turned around and said that's what I being saying the past few weeks. The younger Bell convinced his Dad to recruit him inspite of his height and after watching his highlight film from Raines High School in Jacksonville Fl on YouTube I see why. Checkout his highlight the kid got an arm on it.

Comment

Game write up.

https://vstateblazers.com/news/2019/...d9YYnrwr2pbuJA

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Rollodex View Post
              Ivory didn't have a good game, he only comes in to run the ball and teams see this on film and he was used to pass more last year and the kid can definitely sling it he's more than just a runner and he proved that alot last year where he tossed several touchdowns, especially the deep ball and he made the most difficult pass in the championship game. Just think his gift not used properly this year and don't want the kid to transfer because he have the tools to be a starting quarterback on the Division 2 level. I had a fan sitting behind me last night stating the same thing, why he only used to run when he can pass it also. I immediately turned around and said that's what I being saying the past few weeks. The younger Bell convinced his Dad to recruit him inspite of his height and after watching his highlight film from Raines High School in Jacksonville Fl on YouTube I see why. Checkout his highlight the kid got an arm on it.
              That's two poor outings in a row.

I think he's pressing a bit trying to live up to the hype. Also think teams have seen him a couple of times now and have figured out how to manage him a little better.
              Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 10-20-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

QUOTE=Fan_the_Flame;n439771]

I think he's pressing a bit trying to live up to the hype. Also think teams have seen him a couple of times now and have figured out how to manage him a little better.
                [/QUOTE]
                Last edited by crashandannie; 10-20-2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

There is a reason that with even as explosive as Durham is that two coaching staffs have chosen to start Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Yes, indeedy!! That was awesome!
                    Saunds was in beastmode

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

I agree 100%

Comment

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post
                        QUOTE=Fan_the_Flame;n439771]

[/QUOTE]

Good points as well

Comment

[QUOTE=Rollodex;n439922]

Unfortunately, last week he missed a wide open Saunds in the end zone twice running the same play. This week he seemed tentative in passing (and watching the footage showed he had several throwing plays called where he either tucked the ball quickly or waited too long to throw and ended up running.

-------------------------

I've noticed that Ivory doesn't seem to make all his reads. Which means he's probably not going to find his open receivers and will have to either run or throw it away.

On Ivory as a receiver, we have some very talented guys at receiver (Saunds/Gallimore/White/Meyers/etc). Do we really gain anything sending Ivory out in a route? It's just not what he does best and we're loaded with good receivers.

Comment

Saunds is the real deal! Go Blazers!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Fan_the_Flame;n439982]
                              Originally posted by Rollodex View Post

Unfortunately, last week he missed a wide open Saunds in the end zone twice running the same play. This week he seemed tentative in passing (and watching the footage showed he had several throwing plays called where he either tucked the ball quickly or waited too long to throw and ended up running.

-------------------------

I've noticed that Ivory doesn't seem to make all his reads. Which means he's probably not going to find his open receivers and will have to either run or throw it away.

On Ivory as a receiver, we have some very talented guys at receiver (Saunds/Gallimore/White/Meyers/etc). Do we really gain anything sending Ivory out in a route? It's just not what he does best and we're loaded with good receivers.
                              www.vsufootball.com

Comment

Exciting game Saturday as I watched online. Sorry, I had to mute those announcers. No disrespect to ladies calling the game, but my ears couldn't take all the cringe.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X