Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSU coaching: stat comparison

To those claiming the Goff staff doesn't know how to use these players, why are you not also considering the defensive staff?

The 2018 team gave 22.57 points per game and 343.7 yards per game in total offense.

The 2019 team is giving up 16.39 points per game and 290 yards per game in total offense.

The defensive stats are vastly improved. Does the current staff not deserve credit for that?

Oh yeah, offensively:

2018: the offensive averaged 7.9 yards per play.
    2019: the offense is averaging 7.6 yards per play.

2018: total offense per game 523.9
    2019: total offense per game 523.4

While the offense is averaging .5 yards less per game, the defense has improved by over 50+ yards game.

Time of possession is up four minutes per game.

Yes, the offense is scoring less points per game. Clearly, the sky is falling. The average margin of victory is only 24.25 points per game.

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
    To those claiming the Goff staff doesn't know how to use these players, why are you not also considering the defensive staff?

The 2018 team gave 22.57 points per game and 343.7 yards per game in total offense.

The 2019 team is giving up 16.39 points per game and 290 yards per game in total offense.

The defensive stats are vastly improved. Does the current staff not deserve credit for that?

Oh yeah, offensively:

2018: the offensive averaged 7.9 yards per play.
    2019: the offense is averaging 7.6 yards per play.

2018: total offense per game 523.9
    2019: total offense per game 523.4

While the offense is averaging .5 yards less per game, the defense has improved by over 50+ yards game.

Time of possession is up four minutes per game.

Yes, the offense is scoring less points per game. Clearly, the sky is falling. The average margin of victory is only 24.25 points per game.

We've tried RO, no can do. The naysayers are here to stay.

Let me ask, to those that are unsatisfied with the current offense, how would you compare it the Coach Dean's?

Comment

Dean is a sensitive topic around here (unless you call him a genius). Be interested to see the answer to this one.

Comment

Comment

Speaking of penalties...

2018: 80.86 yards per game
          2019: 72.75 yards per game

Comment

Comment

Is this Roland on a message board?

There are some coaches on the prior staff that are amazing coaches. Absolutely exceptional. If I were a head coach at Clemson or Alabama or Oklahoma or LSU or wherever I'd call some of them to come help us coach.

That said, I feel like under Goff's leadership the program is more structured and disciplined than it was before. Goff's into the process and the details. Probably just a leadership style thing, but not a lot of loose ends. I do think it works to our benefit (but it's hard to argue the success of Bell's reign - him and his staff sure got it done).
              Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 10-30-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Is this Roland on a message board?

There are some coaches on the prior staff that are amazing coaches. Absolutely exceptional. If I were a head coach at Clemson or Alabama or Oklahoma or LSU or wherever I'd call some of them to come help us coach.

That said, I feel like under Goff's leadership the program is more structured and disciplined than it was before. Goff's into the process and the details. Probably just a leadership style thing, but not a lot of loose ends. I do think it works to our benefit (but it's hard to argue the success of Bell's reign - him and his staff sure got it done).
                no this isn't roland. I am the oldest of them. and you're right. there are some amazing coaches . they are there to do a job of winning championships but also to create stand up men in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post

no this isn't roland. I am the oldest of them. and you're right. there are some amazing coaches . they are there to do a job of winning championships but also to create stand up men in this world.

Agreed, a college coach should certainly be a mentor as well.
                  Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

I've always recommended to anyone in the coaching or teaching profession or anyone in a leadership position to read Tony Dungy's books.. Very informative concerning not just coaching, but life skills and the choices you make..

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
                      [/B]

Agreed, a college coach should certainly be a mentor as well.
                      I'm not sure that's typically viewed as a responsibility at the college level but it's sure a great opportunity for the coaches (from the head on down). If I were the AD and interviewing a HC it'd be a topic of conversation and would greatly influence who was hired.

I hated to hear that Ravarius isn't playing this year. He's a great DB.

I always liked Roland when he was here. I know he fought some injuries.Really glad to see h im get the opportunity and lighting it up at Slippery Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

I'm not sure that's typically viewed as a responsibility at the college level but it's sure a great opportunity for the coaches (from the head on down). If I were the AD and interviewing a HC it'd be a topic of conversation and would greatly influence who was hired.

I hated to hear that Ravarius isn't playing this year. He's a great DB.

I always liked Roland when he was here. I know he fought some injuries.Really glad to see h im get the opportunity and lighting it up at Slippery Rock.
                        thank you so much. roland really pushed pass some adversity and ravarius will be back next year better than ever.

Comment

Comment

If it happens, would make a great story line for the game!

#BlazerNation

Comment

I would actually argue parents should be the ones responsible for creating stand up men in this world, especially fathers, and if their isn't a father in the young man's life, then hopefully a coach or an uncle or older brother should try and work together on being a mentor for that young man, but I don't know if I totally put it all on the shoulders of a head football coach in college. Continue mentoring, but creating a stand up man, that is part of growing up and how that young man is raised.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X