Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdosta Info for Argos!

From Pensacola, take I10 to Tallahassee. , In Tallahassee, exit I10 at the 319 exit and turn north to Thomasville. In Thomasville, take Hwy 84 E to Valdosta.

Hwy 84 will intersect I75 as you enter Valdosta. Several places to stay here. Holiday Inn Express is good and it is where most of the visiting teams stay.

To get to the stadium from here, there are two ways to go:

(1) Turn north on Norman Drive where McDonalds is on the corner.(See above pic) Stay on Norman - go past the mall- until it dead ends, turn right on Baytree. Stay on Baytree. Baytree will take you to VSU.

(2) Get on I75 and head north one exit. Get off on the St. Augustiine Rd exit and turn right. Then left on Gornto and go past the mall- one block- turn right on Baytree and stay on Baytree. See pic below. You can see Norman Drive on the right.

Several good places to stay on the St. Augustine Rd exit. Drury Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Country Inn and Suites, etc...... Good places to eat in that area as well.

More on the next post.

#BlazerNation

Stay on Baytree. It will dead end at the back of main campus.(See yellow) You will see th PE Complex and tennis courts on the right. Straight ahead is the Student Union and the fountain in front.
    Turn right. You are now on Oak St. The next intersection is Brookwood. On the right is the Oak St. Parking deck. That is a good place to park. One block to the stadium.

There are parking spaces closer that are highlighted in blue. All of these are next to campus buildings, but they are open on Saturdays. Reserved parking for VSU boosters is next to the stadium and next to the Board of Education.

Tailgating. Usually you can set up right there in the parking lots on the grass areas. Visitors can also tailgate in Drexal Park behind the visitors side of the stadium. The student tailgate is on the grass area across from the park next to the University Center. VSU folks tailgate on the east side of the stadium along Williams and Jane Street.as well as the park and on the west side of the UC. We're all over the place.

There are restrooms in the University Center as well as the stadium.

Hope you have safe travels!!

Last edited by BlazerLady; 11-06-2019, 06:44 PM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

BTW. At our tailgate we have a canvas board where members from D2Football have signed over the years when they visit Valdosta. If you are attending the game Saturday, please stop by our tailgate and sign the D2football board! There is no telling which D2 Blazer fans you will meet.......

Look for us on the east side of the stadium in the median where Jane St. runs into Williams St. It is directly across from the main entrance and across from the Am. Legion. White tents with flags and a VSU tent.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X