Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSUFOOTBALLFAN
    replied
    Good luck to both teams. Valdosta State has looked flat in several games. Being flat today will get them flattened.

Leave a comment:

• BlazerLady
    replied
    It's GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Goooooooooooo...............BLAZERS!!!

Leave a comment:

• statesmen supporter
    replied
    It’s finally gameday!!! All the hotels were either sold out or to high. Got a place outside of Cleveland! Should be a great crowd!! Go Statesmen!!

Leave a comment:

• statesmen supporter
    replied
    Let’s Go Statesmen!! Let’s make a statement!! I am hoping Delta State plays a full game on Defense! Can our Offense line so it’s might? I feel it can! I hope to see Patrick play a great game!! And keep valuing the football!! Bleed green always!!

Leave a comment:

• Fan_the_Flame
    replied
    FWIW (which ain’t much), Massey is predicting VSU 34-31

VSU better come out ready to play if they’re gonna have a chance at doing that.

Leave a comment:

• statesmen supporter
    replied
    https://www.flofootball.com/articles...-in-the-top-25 Flosports write up.

Leave a comment:

• BlazerLady
    replied
    Just sitting here watching the news and it dawned on me how many athletes we have from Florida. I hope their families are safe.

Leave a comment:

• Shugley
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    While the Blazers are not off to a good start, I'm curious to see if they get better as the year continues.

With only 2 starters returning on D, part of me thinks we should've expected some challenges on that side of the football..given VSU wasn't a great defensive team a season ago. Tackling seems to be a challenges, for sure. Plenty of young guys that'll need to step up and put a shoulder into a opponent.

Watching Delta the other day I was impressed with their QB play and the dual threat he poses, but the thing that really jumped out was the size of the Delta OL. Each guy in the game upfront was over 300lbs and an avg of about 315. That's massive for D2. That itself could pose a real problem for a Valdosta squad that is smallish on the defensive side of the ball.

If Valdosta can find a happy balance between the run and the pass, I think they hang around in this game..but they need to start a little quicker. The offense has started slow continually, giving the opponent a believe they can hang around..instead of being KO'd early by a prolific offense.

This should be a telling game for both squads.
    Thank you for pointing out the OL. I know several of those men and they are not only good athletes, but they are great people. In my opinion, they are the heart of the offense.

Leave a comment:

• Shugley
    replied
    Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Deeds played at DSU for 18 seasons, at least.
    With the medical red shirt and the covid year, I think everyone is going to feel the same about Shegog.

Leave a comment:

• Shugley
    replied
    Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

In our early days of being in the conference, Delta State would beat us EVERY doggone year, until we turned things around. It has been a long rivalry between the two schools. From football, to basketball, baseball and softball. we always want to beat those mean, green, OKRA!!!!!
    I remember when I started at DSU in 2007, Valdosta was the game everyone was talking about when we won. It was a big deal. It was a good game. I feel the same about this game. We've had a good start, but rather than playing Valdosta and UNA back to back, we're playing UWF and Valdosta back to back. Important stretch of games here.

Leave a comment:

• statesmen supporter
    replied
    It’s going down this weekend! Between these 2 really good teams. Yes for Delta State the win last week was great and it feels good to be ranked / 4-0. Although but to me in my opinion. This is a prove it game!! Meaning can / is Delta State ready to handle success. I feel that they are but this Saturday will let us know if we can handle success. I feel Statesmen will be ready! Go Statesmen!!

Leave a comment:

• BlazerLady
    replied
    Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
    This is awesome...

- 41st meeting between the two teams
    - The two teams have met on the gridiron every year since 1982
    - Series record of 20-19-1 belonging to the Statesmen.
    In our early days of being in the conference, Delta State would beat us EVERY doggone year, until we turned things around. It has been a long rivalry between the two schools. From football, to basketball, baseball and softball. we always want to beat those mean, green, OKRA!!!!!
    Last edited by BlazerLady; 09-29-2022, 06:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rational Observer
    replied
    Originally posted by Shugley View Post

"Sophomore quarterback Patrick Shegog"??? Doesn't that guy already have a bachelors degree? I guess the next thing we know Trevar Deeds is going to be back in the line up... (guys, I know he had an injury year and then the covid year... I'm just picking fun).
    Deeds played at DSU for 18 seasons, at least.

Leave a comment:

• statesmen supporter
    replied
    Not shocked the breakdown is 20-19-1. Hope DSU can break the losing skid!

Leave a comment:

• Shugley
    replied
    Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
    This is awesome...

- 41st meeting between the two teams
    - The two teams have met on the gridiron every year since 1982
    - Series record of 20-19-1 belonging to the Statesmen.
    When you think about how good both teams have been... 50/50 makes sense.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X