• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shugley
    replied
    Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
    The Gulf South Conference just posted:

"For the first time in 21 years a team scored 70 or more points in a GSC conference game. The last time it happened (Oct. 6, 2001) Valdosta State scored 70 at Delta State."

I looked at the game history and it was a 70-12 win by VSU. Just more of the back and forth history between the schools.
    Did you notice it was the year after we won the NC….?

My my my…

Leave a comment:

• Argonut
    replied
    Dr. Jekyll plays Mr. Hyde- time to flip a coin to pick a winner and throw a dart at dart board for the point spread.

Leave a comment:

• Wide_Right
    replied
    We play. West Alabama ... all bets are off.

Leave a comment:

• Argonut
    replied
    Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

"For the first time in 21 years a team scored 70 or more points in a GSC conference game. The last time it happened (Oct. 6, 2001) Valdosta State scored 70 at Delta State."

I looked at the game history and it was a 70-12 win by VSU. Just more of the back and forth history between the schools.
    Coaches and teams remember ridiculous mud stomping and they can motivate teams to greater heights. West Georgia’s mud stomping of Argos 69-0 at Blue Wahoo in final game of inaugural season was, according to coach Shinnick, the impetus for their record breaking title game appearance in 2017. It will be interesting to see Blazer team response next week.

Leave a comment:

• CalifOKRA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vsuman
    replied
    Deleted
    Last edited by vsuman; 10-02-2022, 07:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wide_Right
    replied
    Originally posted by DSU ALUM View Post
    We ALWAYS have respect for Valdosta, but it does feel oh so good to be 5-0! Been a LONG time!
    I think your team has all the ingredients for a Championship team.. This was great payback from last year 55 - 0 drubbing.

Leave a comment:

• Blazernerd04
    replied
    I think we all need to stop complaining about Coach Jackson. Sure, the season hasn’t gone the way we wanted it. We are the same fan base that was complaining about Coach Goff being hired. We just need to continue to support the young men who choose to play for VSU. We have been spoiled over the last few years. We need to give Coach Jackson a chance. VSU is the only college football team I cheer for each Saturday in the fall. Win or lose I will be in the stands, or listening on the radio. People forget Coach Bell was 5-4 his first season.

Leave a comment:

• DSU ALUM
    replied
    Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Well you certainly deserve it. Well prepared, executed well......you did an excellent job! Congrats, OKRA!
    You know we have the utmost respect for Valdosta! It is AWAYS a big game for us. We consider this a huge win. I just hope we can keep it going.

Leave a comment:

• UWARTime
    replied
    Originally posted by vsuman View Post
    Sadly I don’t see us winning another game. I don’t understand how our defense can be this bad. And what’s with the pooch kicks that end up with the return team on the 45 yard line every time? In just 5 games we have gone from National contenders to the Shorter of the GSC. Thank you Herb!
    You play UWA next Saturday. We’re due to get our arses handed to us next Saturday since we won today unexpectedly.

Leave a comment:

• DSU ALUM
    replied
    Originally posted by delta dawn View Post
    Exciting that we are winning again. I do not like to win with a score like this. I still have respect for Valdosta
    We ALWAYS have respect for Valdosta, but it does feel oh so good to be 5-0! Been a LONG time!

Leave a comment:

• VSUFOOTBALLFAN
    replied
    We need GRIT lol.

Leave a comment:

• VSUFOOTBALLFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
    I wonder if Herb can buy out Jackson’s contract.
    Yeah me too. I hope he can.

Leave a comment:

• vsuman
    replied
    Sadly I don’t see us winning another game. I don’t understand how our defense can be this bad. And what’s with the pooch kicks that end up with the return team on the 45 yard line every time? In just 5 games we have gone from National contenders to the Shorter of the GSC. Thank you Herb!

Leave a comment:

• Wide_Right
    replied
    I wonder if Herb can buy out Jackson’s contract.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X