Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunas new HC

I know their not in D2 anymore, but I had to ask if anyone knows, why did Tuna go after an Alabama HS Coach when they probably could have gotten Mark Hudspeth who coached there before and was successful and all he’s doing is coaching high school ball at gulf shores. Just curious on choice between

Maybe money......

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
      I know their not in D2 anymore, but I had to ask if anyone knows, why did Tuna go after an Alabama HS Coach when they probably could have gotten Mark Hudspeth who coached there before and was successful and all he’s doing is coaching high school ball at gulf shores. Just curious on choice between
      Where are you getting your information? Brent Dearmon has been a FBS Offensive Coordinator the past few seasons. I was lobbying hard for Hud to return but I’m sure it’s not a difficult decision between the beach and dealing with the transfer portal.

Coach Dearmon is from Mobile where his father was a long time coach at several schools here on the Gulf Coast.

North Alabama hires Brent Dearmon as head football couch

North Alabama has hired Brent Dearmon as head football coach, the school announced Saturday.

Dearmon, 37, has been an offensive coordinator at several FBS schools in recent years, including Kansas, Middle Tennessee and Florida Atlantic. A Saraland native, he was a high school coach in the Mobile area at Vigor and B.C. Rain from 2008-12 and also served as an offensive analyst at Auburn under Gus Malzahn in 2013-14.

Saraland native was FAU offensive coordinator in 2022
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Here’s an article about him when FAU hired him away from MTSU earlier this year.
        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I’m excited to see what he pulls together for next season. Hope he can get our record-setting running back out of the portal.

He was a head coach for one year at his NAIA alma mater Bethel in 2018. They went undefeated in the regular season and won the conference title. Lost in OT in the first round of the playoffs. Then, Les Miles hired him at Kansas.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

My apologies. I must have not finished reading the entire article or whatever it was I saw where he was mentioned as being hired. Whatever it was it led off as him being a successful HS Coach in Alabama. Congrats to Tuna.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                  My apologies. I must have not finished reading the entire article or whatever it was I saw where he was mentioned as being hired. Whatever it was it led off as him being a successful HS Coach in Alabama. Congrats to Tuna.
                  It’s all good. You likely read the FootballScoop article. I think they confused him with his dad in that first sentence.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Hudspeth was fired from UL and 22 wins were vacated due to academic fraud. He suddenly resigned from Austin Peay upon being suspended for his personal conduct.

He's either done in college football, or he is the next head coach at Auburn.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                      Hudspeth was fired from UL and 22 wins were vacated due to academic fraud. He suddenly resigned from Austin Peay upon being suspended for his personal conduct.

He's either done in college football, or he is the next head coach at Auburn.
                      I did not know that about and you officially made me spit out my coffee just now. Thank you.

Comment

Dearmon's first two hires are former SEC standouts at Auburn and South Carolina.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Read an article on ESPN site about a new FBS conference that would include TUNA.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...bs-sources-say

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
                            Read an article on ESPN site about a new FBS conference that would include TUNA.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...bs-sources-say
                            Yep, the rumors are starting to be announced. I've heard this for a while but the SFA coach let it out of the bag on a podcast right before Thanksgiving and the APSU AD basically said as much last week. So, I think you can pretty much say ASUN football is dead.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X