Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Time VSU Annoucer Has Passed.

Dick Rockey.

Dick Rockey and Tom Odum were the duo you heard on the radio broadcasting VSU football for many years. Dick loved broadcasting and loved VSU. Even as his health failed, he still came to the games! He will be missed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ehE4RzZbjg

#BlazerNation

I listened to him call a lot of away and playoff games over the years and will always think of him as “The Voice of the Blazers”. He was a huge VSU athletics supporter and could always be spotted in the stands at home VSU basketball games. He will be missed for sure!

Comment

Dick Rockey calling the Carson Newman Game with Tom Odum at the end of the clip on the sidelines yelling. Too funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1dZreBs6ao

#BlazerNation

Comment

Just heard the news from Spencer. Dick and I worked together for over 10 years on the VSU Coach’s show. He was a great Blazer fan and supporter, but even more a good man.

He has struggled the past several years with health issues, so in a way this is a blessing. He will be missed.

Comment

Loved listening to Dick. He had a great way of saying "looking, looking, looking" when the qb was dropping back, kind of built the suspense.
          Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
            Loved listening to Dick. He had a great way of saying "looking, looking, looking" when the qb was dropping back, kind of built the suspense.
            I remember one game we were playing Delta at home...and they are making a comeback and Dick said; Oh I need to stand up; I am standing up."
            <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

I remember one game we were playing Delta at home...and they are making a comeback and Dick said; Oh I need to stand up; I am standing up."

That’s a good one.

I don’t remember who we were playing but I remember a game where we had a ton of penalties; late in the game in a key situation a flag was thrown and he said: “oh what in the hell is it now?”
              Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

That’s a good one.

I don’t remember who we were playing but I remember a game where we had a ton of penalties; late in the game in a key situation a flag was thrown and he said: “oh what in the hell is it now?”
                Hahaha......

#BlazerNation

Comment

I am just now getting this news so I had to go pay respects to his family. He done us proud over the years, a true legend.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X