Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC Pickums

Let's do a Pickum like the very successful CIAA Pickum. That gets member participation going. So here goes: This will be different from the Bitner Pickum since you don't have to comment on the teams or give a score unless you want to.

Catawba at Carson Newman. Carson Newman SHOULD win BIG. Nothing like kicking someone when they are down. Unless something changes at Catawba, Coach Walker may exit at season end

Lenoir Rihne at Tusculum. Bears will win but I expect the Pioneers will give them a fight.

Mars Hill at UNC-Pembroke. The Lions are playing well and the Braves aren't. Mars Hill should win easily, maybe big. UNCP Coach Richardson may be in the same boat with Coach Walker.

UVWise at Newberry. I like Wise, they are hard nosed on D. but Offense is iffy. Newberry at home is tough and they are mad and "aren't going to take it anymore" so they should win

Limestone at Wingate. Limestone is kind of a "hot" team now. Wingate has the big D but offense is sputtering. Limestone might make it close but Wingate SHOULD win.

There are my picks. What are yours/

Carson Newman, shouldn't be close.

Lenoir Rhyne, Tusculum will give it their best shot, they just can't score enough points.

Mars Hill, they'll score a-lot of points in this game.

Newberry, Wise is really struggling, and I expect that to continue.

Wingate. I'm tempted to pick Limestone, I wouldn't be shocked if they pull off the huge upset here, but I just don't think they have the talent yet.

Comment

Carson-Newman, I don't see Walker exiting at season end. He is well liked by the alumni. Perhaps a change on the offensive side of the ball will do the trick
      Lenoir Rhyne
      Mars Hll
      Newberry
      Wingate

Comment

I see no one picked UNCP and yet they won. I watched that game and found it to be very enjoyable and a close game. It was one of those back and forth games where you think the last team with the ball will win it.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hvvuqdOvtI

Comment

New week.

Newberry VS Catawba. I think Newberry will win this one, but it may not be as bad for Catawba as recent games have been.
            Tusculum VS Wise. Low scoring fight, TU is just the better team in this one.
            Limestone VS Mars Hill. We'll see if Limestone can bounce back. This game will have a lot of points scored, I'm going to go with Limestone in a close one.
            Carson Newman VS Lenoir Rhyne. Game of the week in the SAC. CN keeps it close for awhile, LR pulls away and wins by double digits in the end.
            UNCP VS Wingate. Wingate wins.

Starting to get excited for that LR Wingate game. If my prediction comes true that could be a top 10 matchup with a few loses elsewhere.

Comment

Carson-Newman
              Lenoir Rhyne
              UNC-Pembroke
              Newberry
              Wingate

Comment

Newberry @ Catawba --SILLY ME, I think this could be an upset. Catawba at home with their backs to the wall---un-uh honey. I know, I know, Newberry on paper is a better club but they have their problems. I'm going against the Bitner rule on this one CATAWBA wins in a thriller

Tusculum at V-Wise---no brainer here, Wise looks ok on Defense but their offense just ain't ready. Tusculum is smarting from the LR loss. Shippy will dance in the endzone and get flagged for it but by halftime it will be over anyway. TUSCULUM big

Limestone @ Mars Hill --This one could get interesting but I think the Lions will come on strong in the second half. MARS HILL wins

Carson Newman at Lenoir Rhyne ---This will be a battle. I think it will be close and I think it could come down to the last few minutes to decide. I'm going against the Bitner Rule again in a stunning upset CARSON NEWMAN in a squeaker

UNC-Pembroke @ Wingate --Wingate plays it's best ball at home. I look for the Bulldog D to wear down and dominate the Braves who have had struggles on Offense. Wingate runningbacks McNeil and Peoples will have big days. WINGATE big

Comment

Newberry
                  Tusculum
                  Limestone
                  Lenior rhyne
                  Wingate

Comment

Newberry. Poor indians, the wheels really have come off their wagon.
                    Tuskyoulem (Said like their broadcaster). I agree with Ethel. Shippy will do what the Eagles did, i.e. run and run and run and run.
                    Mars Hill - unfortunately, Dirty Hairy will have more to be sad about. Remember, Hairy, "A team's got to know their limitations."
                    Lahnoor Ryan (said like their broadcaster) I want to see the eagles play penalty free, not put the ball on the ground, and take plenty of chances on defense blitzing and jumping routes. If they do all that, they've got a chance. That said, I'm picking LR because the eagles have made copious mistakes and I think the play calling has been too predictable thus far even though they've lit up lesser talented teams.
                    Wingate...too much wingate. This will get out of hand before the half

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X