Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC/Barton Scheduling Alliance

The SAC and Barton reached a two-year scheduling alliance agreement, which effectively means that Barton replaces UNC-Pembroke on the SAC schedule in 2020 and 2021:

http://bartonbulldogs.com/sports/fba...20190117p5715x
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Re: SAC/Barton Scheduling Alliance

Interesting, wonder if the SAC will extend the same invite to Erskine. Also, still interested to see if Conference Carolinas will make any moves to sponsor the sport since by 2020 five of their members will field teams.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
      Interesting, wonder if the SAC will extend the same invite to Erskine. Also, still interested to see if Conference Carolinas will make any moves to sponsor the sport since by 2020 five of their members will field teams.
      IIRC, a conference needs at least eight schools to be eligible for Earned Access. Unless ConfCar plucks a couple of schools away from the SAC (in addition to Limestone), that's going to be a lot to ask.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
        It really wouldn't surprise me to see a Conference Carolinas official Football Conference within the near future as additional schools from not only Conference Carolina but also The Peach Belt Conference add new football programs. With NGU, Limestone, Erskine, Barton, Chowan, UNCP, and with Belmont Abbey possibly adding football soon, I would say it's no longer a question of 'if' they will fill a new football conference, but the question is now simply 'when'.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
          It really wouldn't surprise me to see a Conference Carolinas official Football Conference within the near future as additional schools from not only Conference Carolina but also The Peach Belt Conference add new football programs. With NGU, Limestone, Erskine, Barton, Chowan, UNCP, and with Belmont Abbey possibly adding football soon, I would say it's no longer a question of 'if' they will fill a new football conference, but the question is now simply 'when'.
          Wonder how the Super Region alignment would be effected by that? You would have to assume Conference Carolinas would be in SR2.

Comment

Lees McCrae once played Mars Hill, Chowan and several other future SAc teams. They were a powerhouse and went undefeated one year won a bowl game in the 1980s. Some of their alums have been pitching football to the admins over in Banner Elk but nothing has come of it so far. I could see them in a league with Barton, North Greenville, Erskine, Limestone, Chowan, UNC Pembroke and Belmont Abbey.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
              Throw Mount Olive in the mix as well. If Barton can start football Mount Olive should more then be able to field a team. Plus I can't imagine Mount Olive wanting to remain odd man out when so many other Eastern NC schools sponsor D2 or D3 football.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see Limestone join the SAC full time in the near future thus leaving one less football-playing school in Conference Carolinas.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints21 View Post
                  I wouldn't be surprised to see Limestone join the SAC full time in the near future thus leaving one less football-playing school in Conference Carolinas.
                  I wouldn't count on that at all. According to a pretty reliable source at the school, all of the other Limestone sports programs, including the school's important lacrosse program (and their main $$$ financial boosters) enjoy competing as members of the Conference Carolinas, and aren't interested in making a change. With that being said, I'm sure the Saint's football program will remain patient and utilize the SAC agreement for as long as it's needed, which could be for years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X