Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Associate/Future full member Limestone to Men's Lacrosse Championship

At 20-0 and ranked #1 in the country, the Saints will appear in their 5th national championship game in the last 6 years, against 16-3 and #7 Merrimack. They have won three national championships in their last 4 appearances in the finals, including the last one two years ago against Merrimack. Merrimack won the championship last year (their first) against Saint Leo.

This will be the last Division II game for the Warriors - they are in the process of transitioning to DI, and will have a DI schedule from now on.

Re: OT: Associate/Future full member Limestone to Men's Lacrosse Championsh

Having the Limestone Aints in the SAC is a good thing for competition. Studies have shown that when a strong team enters a new conference they generally cause the level of play in that conference to rise to equal or better the strong team over time. I don't know a lot about Indian Stickball (also known as LaX) but I think some of the SAC teams did fair to middlin' against the Aints even though they got their jocks handed to them. It can only get better.

In other SAC news...

1. The SAC is adding Field Hockey and Rasslin' to the list of sponsored sports. I keep hoping for Curling and Hopscotch.

2. I think I saw where WinGit won their 150th consecutive Doug Echols Athletic Award. We were a close 2nd

3. Things have changed in the football recruiting wars. We are already offering 2020s before the season starts. We are out there battling for kids with the D1 boys. I don't know if the other SAC schools do this but we do.
    Da Bears

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X