• Week 6 Game Thread

Week 6 Game Thread
    AWAY (Score) HOME (Score) TIME
    Newberry (37) UVA-Wise (14) FINAL
    Wingate (35) Limestone (17) FINAL
    Carson-Newman (27) Catawba (33) FINAL
    Tusculum (31) Lenoir-Rhyne (38) FINAL
    Barton (32) Mars Hill (40) FINAL
    Last edited by cavsfan94; 10-09-2021, 02:43 PM.

Newberry
    Wingate
    Catawba
    LR
    Mars Hill

Comment

Apparently Clowney vs Walker is the first matchup in SAC history of two African-American head coaches? C-N athletics page posted it this morning.

Comment

Limestone was at least competitive against a very good Wingate team today. The Saints were up 14-0 at the end of the 1st quarter before Wingate got going.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints21 View Post
          Limestone was at least competitive against a very good Wingate team today. The Saints were up 14-0 at the end of the 1st quarter before Wingate got going.
          Who does Limestone beat on the remaining schedule? Mars Hill, LRU, UVA-Wise, CNU, Newberry????? It would seem that CNU might be the best shot at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

Who does Limestone beat on the remaining schedule? Mars Hill, LRU, UVA-Wise, CNU, Newberry????? It would seem that CNU might be the best shot at this point.
            Massey ratings have 44% chance for the Saints to beat either UVA-Wise or CNU. 37% for Mars Hill next Saturday. 24% for Newberry and 16% to beat LRU.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

Massey ratings have 44% chance for the Saints to beat either UVA-Wise or CNU. 37% for Mars Hill next Saturday. 24% for Newberry and 16% to beat LRU.
              Great info. Amazing though that none are 50% or over. It will be interesting. Just like CNU , when will they win??? A precipitous fall .

Comment

I'm just not confident we can put an entire game together and beat any team left on the schedule. As an Alum & former student-athlete, I hate to say that. I love my Saints but I'm also a realist.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints21 View Post

I'm just not confident we can put an entire game together and beat any team left on the schedule. As an Alum & former student-athlete, I hate to say that. I love my Saints but I'm also a realist.
                  So, your saying that it's possible that after firing the coach in 2018 after 8 games I believe, that 3 recruiting classes later, they could go 0 For again??? Let's hope they have a positive outcome somewhere on the schedule. That would mean 0 wins 2 of the last four seasons. I believe they will win one, probably CNU.

Comment

So, your saying that it's possible that after firing the coach in 2018 after 8 games I believe, that 3 recruiting classes later, they could go 0 For again??? Let's hope they have a positive outcome somewhere on the schedule. That would mean 0 wins 2 of the last four seasons. I believe they will win one, probably CNU.
                    Yes, i believe an "0-for" is a distinct possibility. Some years ago the school decided its financial model with regards to raising enrollment would be to add as many sports as possible. The more sports, the more students. Football was added to ensure an additional 100+ kids on campus every year. I think it's obvious by now, 8 seasons in, that the school has no interest in going above & beyond to invest what's needed in terms of salary for Head Coach & staff to have a program that can even manage a winning season, must less contend for a conference championship. I'll get off of my soap box now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X