Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newberry Wolves against Bowie State Bulldogs

I think this could be an interesting match-up. The way I see it, you have a strong offensive team with multiple weapons in Newberry going up against a very stingy defense at Bowie State. Obviously, I hope Newberry is able to pull this out, but if I'm honest, I think it could go either way. Hail to the Scarlet & Gray!

As I have said before, you never know what the Wolves are going to do haha. If you could gamble on D2 football, I would stay away from Newberry games :")

I think this game will be interesting because Newberry doesn't have any pressure. I think they will need another near perfect performance from Dre Harris to pull off another upset. Bowie defense is more than stingy. as my great grandmother used to say, they are tighter than a crabs ass and thats water proof.

Comment

I'm not too familiar with Newberry, but w/ Bowie, you're getting a very fast and aggresive defense which leads the nation in defensive touchdowns scored and getting opponents off the field on 3rd down. There defensive line is very stout led by All American Josh Pryor and Jonathan Ross, who are both already pro prospects as Sophomore and Junior respectively. On offense, they are lead by 2019 CIAA POY Jerome Johnson who is a duel threat (ran for 142 against L-R) and Khalil Wilkins who has gone for over 100 in last 5 games.. With the exception of their rival Va State, they have held all of the explosive offenses they have played in check. Defense is definitely their calling card, however when they have had to get in shootouts, they have won them.

Comment

If Newberry can play with the same intensity as with UWF. It'll be a good game.

I had a chance to talk to Coach Knight yesterday morning, and he had nothing but praise for BSU. Saying they are intense and as opposite of a team gameplan than UWF. Where the Argos would throw, the Bulldogs will run it down your throat with a defense that doesn't give teams much to work with. Going to be tough, but fun!

Looking forward to a good game!
        Last edited by pm2011; 11-22-2021, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I would make Bowie a slight 3 point favorite simply because we are playing there; however, should be a real slobber knocker,

Comment

If the Wolves can avoid turning the ball over and can force a couple I think they have a chance. And getting pressure on the QB. That was the difference in the game in the 2019 playoffs. Bowie turned it over twice, C-N didn't at all. C-N defense pitched a shutout the last three quarters. Eagles also sacked Johnson 5 times for -44 yards.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X